• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FoNzie's Indoor/Outdoor maximal super awesome garden

In the ever awesome excitement of having an almost 25ftx10ft area to build raised beds and my own home now. I figured it's time to grow again (like plants and the size of my garden). Due to the move I have been on hiatus and had made a final harvest of peppers from last season. I have had more remaining peppers than I can feasibly enjoy, all preserved in one form or another.
So, maybe 20+ peppers plants is too much for 1 young couple?
I will be germing 100 288 plants this year with the goal to keep all healthy plants (last years germ was around 97% - so this might be a lot).

I will be expanding my horizons though, here is my grow list.

2017 Plants
Hydro Plants

1 Juliet - Sauce Tomato

2 Black Cherry - Cherry Tomato

3 Amethyst Improved - Pesto Basil

4 Italian Large Leaf - Pesto Basil
5 Conchos - C. Annuum  :dance:
6 Red Rosie - Romaine Lettuce

7 Auvona - Romaine Lettuce

8 Carmel - Spinach

Garden Plants

1 Giant Red Stuffed - C. Annuum :dance:
2 Tatli Sus - C. Annuum :dance:
3 Hot Banana Pepper - C. Annuum :dance:
4 Purple Flash - C. Annuum :dance:
5 Pink Tiger - C. Chinense :onfire:
6 RedGUM Nagabrain TMAMP - C. Chinense :onfire:
7 Sugar Rush Cream - C. Baccatum :dance:
8 Black Beauty Tomato - Heirloom Tomato

9 Blush Tomato - Sauce Tomato

10 Elan - Strawberry

11 Chamomile - Flower

12 Greek Oregano - Herb

Seeds will be on their way shortly. Will update when closer to germ.

2ca2d97eea3e644f4531f6123fdf97e3.jpg

plan for garden - starting demo of old raised beds today. In 15 degree (F) weather - cuz last frost isn't getting any farther.
In other news seeds should be arriving soon.

Yeah, nice space, Fonzie - will be fun
watching it transform this coming Spring!

Nice garden plan, lots of good stuff!

So I have to update because I have 2 additions since both RareSeeds.com and Judy at PepperLover.com both threw in some free seeds for me. I will be growing another C. Annuum by the name of Cumra Cherry and a large grape variety of tomato called Black Vernissage.

Still waiting on seeds from MojoPepper but I've heard it takes a second for his seeds since he's out of Italy. Will be starting the seeds I have as soon as my larger starting setup arrives in the mail.

ADDITIONS:

13 Comstock - Sauce Tomato

14 Cream Sausage - Sauce Tomato

15 Black Vernissage - Cherry Tomato

16 Cumra Cherry - C. Annuum

d534e4921de6d2bf27bad72ca9e953c1.jpg

Just got home on lunch and grabbed this that finally came in from work (only took 3 days to get in - but I am impatient when excited).

Tonight when I'm home, should be seeing many varieties hitting dirt, set up is 288 seed cells total on thermostat controlled heat mat and will have my 600w LED panel looming over it by weeks end.

Much excited!

Just finally tested the water at my new house since it has a different water supply then my previous place of living, and it tested pH 8 which is far more alkaline than my previous water. To bring nute solutions to pH 5 the going rate is 2 mL pH down to 1 L water, I didn't need two mL pH down for my DWC buckets last year... glad I tested the water this early!

It's only a seed starting solution of mine and it's low to bring the soil pH down - once pH is rebalanced around 6-6.5 I'll be using 6-6.5pH solution

In other news, while I was at work all day today - my wife and in-laws built my seeds a table and raised my lights and everything! What a cool surprise! Love family support!!

f2357eef19a43e6f79cd2ff74ce2dec0.jpg

Small update, sprouts from both basils, both lettuces, oregano, chamomile, juliet tomatoes, blush tomatoes, comstock tomatoes. No peppers yet but less than a week in. In fact some of those have only been in dirt for 2 full days...
Just realized when I checked the time stamp for the day I got my trays in... WOW
Talk about fast germination!
Now I hope I can be continuously entertained by new pepper and tomato hooks and have no lingerers this season :D:D:D

Big update following, apologies but not all are peppers... these are my seed tray as they are this morning. First tray was sowed 1/19/2017, second tray 1/20/2017, third and fourth trays 1/21/2017 (save the 3 rows being saved for Mojopeppers seeds once they get here)

First Tray
gallery_11225_203_1197998.jpg

Second Tray
gallery_11225_203_3769472.jpg

Third Tray
gallery_11225_203_4833046.jpg

Fourth Tray
gallery_11225_203_2576127.jpg

Everything is moving right along, good germ rates and speed so far this season but I am a very impatient parent... wish all my babies would have germ'd by now.
Some other cool things, Purple flash pheno is coming strong in some of the seedlings and I have my 2 mutant Purple Flash seedlings, both with 3 coty's!
gallery_11225_203_3224388.jpg

gallery_11225_203_1346249.jpg

I like that one of the mutants is showing a different pigmentation pattern with the anthocyanin being focused near the cotyledon's base. Understanding that some coty mutations also lead to poor production on plants - I will still pick the stronger of the two and grow it out. So excited for them to grow more and up-pot. Will be moving to solo cups at second set of true leaves across the board. Not sure if the grow table my wife built for me will be big enough but it has been awesome so far. Awesome wife! :D :D :D :onfire:

b3rnd said:

Wow cool man! That is just pure awesomeness. Cool luck growing it out :)

So the purple flash strain has some very strong genetics as evidenced by the strong dark color, but it must be very prone to tricotyledon because a new sprout has the same mutation. Overall the mutant purple flash's seem to be growing at the same pace but it is hard to tell until I have some with true leaves.

In other news, Mojopepper seeds still inbound and all my cultivars have sprouted and are doing well. This has led me to planting some of my secret seeds in the mean time. Today I set aside 3 cells for last years intentional crossing of infinity and 7p Jonah - they are both similar in heat and vigor but with different flavors and colors (infinity grew out with a partial orange mostly red pod at maturity - my jonahs looked like... jonahs).

So added to the grow list is 

17 - Infinite Jonah F1

Germ about 87% right now out of the planted seeds so far.

But bigger news - MojoPepper seeds arrived today! (Actually much shorter than his advertised lead time)
Mojo also threw in 2 extra varieties so once again my list is growing...
Added to the cultivars are:
18. PeachGUM TigerMAMP V1 (Love Enrico's crazy naming schemes)
and
19. Yaki Blue Fawn

I already had a huge grow compared to last year but now my variety has grown by 7 cultivars thanks to extra seeds from PepperLover.com, Rareseeds.com and now Mojopepper at Chilipepperseeds.tictail.com. Fantastic!

I also will be once again bringing back two favorites from last year. Today (tentatively) I will be reassembling Le Grow Tente and setting up my Time Lapse Camera as the controlled temperature and airflow I am about to add is bound to cause some FUN growth spurts that will make for great multi species time lapses! Stay tuned!

Super space station grow tent deluxe built for the second time, great tent... hard to build.

Okay now time to recover for a moment and then start moving the rest of the grow stuff upstairs and into the tent.

Back