• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

HellFire Pure Capsaicin... Best deal...

I was curious about Pure Capsaicin so i did a bunch of googling to find the best deal i could and found​
 ​
 ​
16 MILLION SHU PURE CRYSTALS...​
 ​
Finally decided and ordered​
 ​
Shipping was fast and they sent me a free sample of their extract (i dont care for extract) and a big old bag of ghost pepper powder to go with it... Being a dumbass I dipped in a toothpick into the pure crystals cause i wanted to see if it was really no flavor and just heat... wiped the tip of it on my tongue and for a minute i thought i got ripped off... No heat at all... nothing happened... For a good minute i was pissed... THEN OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! From what i was told by the people at firehousechilli is it could have been because i drank a bunch of water before i did that outta nerves and the crystals arent water soluble so the burn didnt start till the crystals came into contact with something in my mouth that was fatty or oil based...​
 ​
AND YUP!!! absolutely no flavor.. Just pure pain... And i cant believe the deal either.. Just a half an ounce of pure crystal...​
no alcohols or solvents to make it seem like its more than it is... Its easily the best deal you can get on Pure Capsaicin...​
No fancy packaging or gimmicks, just pure pain...​
After trying the pure im gonna pass the extract to a friend.. has a definite pepper odor to it.. I love peppers, but sometimes you just want the pepper heat and not the flavor... If i want the flavor, ill just use my own...​
 ​
Time to shovel some snow...​
Later​

JUR-Z-Devil said:
Shipping was fast and they sent me a free sample of their extract (i dont care for extract) and a big old bag of ghost pepper powder to go with it... Being a dumbass I dipped in a toothpick into the pure crystals cause i wanted to see if it was really no flavor and just heat... wiped the tip of it on my tongue and for a minute i thought i got ripped off... No heat at all... nothing happened... For a good minute i was pissed... THEN OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! From what i was told by the people at firehousechilli is it could have been because i drank a bunch of water before i did that outta nerves and the crystals arent water soluble so the burn didnt start till the crystals came into contact with something in my mouth that was fatty or oil based...

From what I've heard, you don't get anything from the solid crystals so that might be more to do with how long your saliva takes to dissolve them. Or I might have been lied to, I'd rather not find out.

I know first hand, however, that the pepper flavour in concentrated* extract is never a good one. The concentration process brings out bitter elements, like those I get from green bells, and then continues to concentrate them into something dark and nasty. It's not good stuff and I won't be doing high scoville ones straight again. They have their place in sauces, with Blair's Ultra Death being the prime example of doing it right in my eyes (completely burying the flavour under a strong, thick, habanero-paste-based sauce) but they're generally worth avoiding otherwise.

The 2nd batch of Hell Unleashed is the only sauce where I've been able to taste extract and not immediately hated it. It still wasn't more than ok.

*There are things like unconcentrated chipotle extract that clock in at up to twice the pepper's peak heat rating due solely to the loss of solid bulk. These just taste like the pepper in liquid form and are therefore pretty decent.

BSH said:
I can't ever see myself trying cap crystals directly bro...you're brave.

not brave, i barely brushed it on with a toothpick...

i was surprised how fast it arrived too... all the way from australia... even got free shipping on my order... i figured it would be caught up in customs forever being a strange crystal powder...... zipped right through....

Bahahaha! That was Scoville causing drama.

Hey J.Ur,

How are you gonna liquefy that stuff to let it out of captivity? Or are you just gonna put it in a salt grinder and sprinkle on your food?   :hell: :fireball: :hot:

Back