• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pex's 2017 GrowLog

Hey guys and gals! Welcome to the '17 Glog! 

I recently moved to my new house that has an awesome feature for growing and overwintering...

A SOUTHERN FACING FLORIDA SUN ROOM! 

nq5bO02.jpg

All I have planted at the moment are my SB7J seeds still going from Patrick's Original cross. (Scotch Bonnet x Jonah 7), Judy's White 7 Pot, and Bleeding Borg 9. 

The BORG 9 and White 7 are up already with one or two SB7J already. I use my 400 watt Metal Halide at night with an 18/6 light schedule (18 hours on and 6 hours off.) I use Coco Coir to sprout my seeds. The Christmas tree in the background is from a clone and that is two weeks of growth and measures 9 inches tall from one inch when I originally got it.

rrvkCro.jpg

NeedsWork said:
Congrats on the new house!  That's a great space!  Is it all going to be for gardening? 

I wish my state would celebrate Christmas...  :mope: :banghead:  :rolleyes:   

A great portion of it will be. I will put a few 6ft plastic tables in there with mainly pepper plants on it. figure I can fit about 30 full size plants if i want to keep em overwintered.

Woot!  Great to see you getting it underway, Pex!

Can't wait to see pix of your sun room - I am very
jealous!

Good luck this season...

PexPeppers said:
well, this bulb ran a tad hot... looks like i need more airflow.

Just with my LEDs in a tent like that it was high temps up to 97 which was fine low temps down to around 76 without venting. With HID or basically any other type of light I imagine air flow would be needed... if your tent is as similar to mine as it looks - there are premade kits that you can mount your bulb in with fans on either side (you could also make such an item for less money + more time)

Back