• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Should I top this plant?

I've been growing this plant for 2 months now and believe it's starting to flower. Is now the right time to top? And where exactly should I cut?

aVV3BmC.jpg

4r8afCE.jpg

3relCdi.jpg

Not knowing how much longer your growing season is you may or may not want to top it now.....

I would have topped it at leaf/branch #5 or #6 from the bottom when it was younger.....if you have several months to go, you could still top it.

If you're just looking to get a few pods for next yrs seeds, you are on your way.

Species, and time frame would be first info to look into at this stage.

Masher said:
Not knowing how much longer your growing season is you may or may not want to top it now.....

I would have topped it at leaf/branch #5 or #6 from the bottom when it was younger.....if you have several months to go, you could still top it.

If you're just looking to get a few pods for next yrs seeds, you are on your way.

Species, and time frame would be first info to look into at this stage.
I guess I shouldn't top it then because I'm in the southern hemisphere and only have a couple of months left (until late march).

edit: Forgot to mention that this is a sugar rush peach (C. baccatum)

Back