• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

prko0 2017 ... the beginning

I just joined this awesome board and i love it ... so much info and so many willing members... this is my first glog... so i hope it all goes well.. I have more varieties coming from semillas but while i wait .. im starting some 
PS... how can i post pictures.... Can someone pls help me out with that.. thanks or guide me if possible :) 

Rocoto  (peru)
Aji Amarillo  (peru)
Aji Guajillo  (mexico)
Ancho Peppers (mexico)
Aji Mochero  (peru)
Bhut Jolokia  (India)
Aji Panca (peru) 
:dance:

Welcome....pictures are done two different ways.

Buy the THP membership and you can load pic to THP gallery for posting.

Or...load pics into photo bucket, IMGUR, or other off site picture hosting site and use the codes to post your pics.

You should enjoy all those aji, for sure. What bhut variety are you growing? I lived in Vancouver for a while. Miss the BC weather something bad, but not necessarily this time of year. Ha!

Slug said:
You should enjoy all those aji, for sure. What bhut variety are you growing? I lived in Vancouver for a while. Miss the BC weather something bad, but not necessarily this time of year. Ha!
Carolina Reaper.... I believe... I lost some seeds because  I didnt know I had a leak on my greenhouse .. it kinda sucks ... but imt rying my best.....anybody knows anything about the semillas website ?? any info ... I ordered already 

Welcome, fellow Vancouverite. Which varieties did you order from Semillas? I saved a bunch of seed from this years grow, as well I've been given many varieties by some very generous people on this site. So in the spirit of paying it forward, If there is anything you're looking for I might be able to help.

JoeMay said:
Welcome, fellow Vancouverite. Which varieties did you order from Semillas? I saved a bunch of seed from this years grow, as well I've been given many varieties by some very generous people on this site. So in the spirit of paying it forward, If there is anything you're looking for I might be able to help.
Thank you that would be so kind of you... its a great offer and I'll make sure I do the same for others if they ever need some seeds... 
Im looking for 
Cascabella 
Aji Escabeche 
lemon Drop \
Arnaucho 
Charapita 
Inca Hot... 

I have to give 
Aji amarillo 
Aji Panca
Aji Mochero 
Rocoto 
guajillo 
poblano... :) 

:welcome: to the forum, Martin!  

Looks like you are a fan of the Peruvian/Mexican varieties!
Good stuff there.

PaulG said:
:welcome: to the forum, Martin!  

Looks like you are a fan of the Peruvian/Mexican varieties!
Good stuff there.
Hey Paul G , Im peruvian and Im a chef.. So my cuisine is mostly with my peruvian peppers but i been experimenting with others .. specially the smokey ones.. to me there is nothing like the panca.... so fragant and sweet with a superb smokey flavor.. excellent for different types of sofritos 

I haven't grown the Panca, sounds delicious.  

I can't cook worth beans, so I give a lot of my pods
to a good peruvian friend who returns the favor with
some awesome dishes!

PM me your addy, and I'll see if I can find some of the
seeds you mentioned above in my collection...  Good
to see more PNW growers on the forum.

We have a great peruvian restaurant here called Andina-
one of my favorites.

You got me attention with one word "sofritos", my Dad's wife from Puerto Rico got us hooked on that.

For pictures. First you need a place to store or upload them to the below the ;) guy and a bit left is a greenish box. When you click it you have to enter the full URL (location for the pic) like example: http://www.mypepper-pics.com/1jpg
That's a bogus URL for an example only.

So, welcome to THP and kick some bhut growing this season!

You can also get the extreme membership for a few bucks
which includes the ability to upload from your smart phone,
and have as many pix as you want.  The amount of time it
saves me to be able to upload from my phone is worth the
fee all by itself.

Ssd to sah none of my peppers popped... i did the moist papertowel inside a ziploc bag on top of my seedy mat and i had no luck... most of them molded and the other ones didnt popped. not cool. I have some great peolle ffom this boadd this board that were kind enough to share.. so i guess is time to put a new batch and see what happens

Sorry to hear your seeds didn't
germinate for you, Martin.

Let me know if you need some
seeds - I have a few I can let go of.

Hey Martin,

How have those seeds germinated for you?

Here is a shot of my 2 chocolate habanero started Jan 1 from the same seeds I sent you.

IMG_3549.JPG

With the way things are popping here and my experiment here with different germination techniques I think I'm soon going to have more plants than I know what to do with. So if you're needing plants in a couple months I'll probably have some to spare.

Take a look at my glog and you can see the comparison on germination methods.

IMG_3554.JPG

Here's the Aji Delights

Joe

Back