•  

Photo

I'm turning my passion for chili growing into a Kickstarter project!

hydroponic self-watering kickstarter windowsill LECA

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trevox

Trevox

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

Hey everyone!

For many years I have been growing chili, tomatoes and all kind of edible stuff. When my friend and I bought a 3D-printer together in 2013, one of the first things I wanted to create was some kind of hydroponic planter. Being an industrial designer, this was a way to combine my big interests of design and growing.

I started prototyping and eventually I created Botanium, a small hydroponic and easy to use planter that fits by a window sill. Since I didn't have any funds, and I wanted to keep it simple, It was almost entirely 3d-printed. I gave some away to friends and family to try out. I was impressed that my dad, notoriously bad at taking care of plants, actually managed to grow a NuMex twilight with a lot of chilies.

Meeting up with two other guys, we set out to make this product a reality. Still the vision is to make a easy to use planter with clean design that grows chilies and herbs FAST.

If you're interested in supporting our upcoming crowdfunding campaign, feel free to go to our webpage http://www.botanium.se

The Kickstarter will launch in about one week.

Thanks!

/Rasmus from Sweden

b08c1ca0563476220afa2b8a6203a8be_origina

#2 SavinaRed

SavinaRed

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

Nice job !!!

#3 Trevox

Trevox

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Thanks SavinaRed!

#4 JoynersHotPeppers

JoynersHotPeppers

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,888 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Very cool concept and I like the design. Light source will be the only challenge for many, everything I grow near a window leans unless I am very good about rotation.

A very clean design, best of luck!

heatmadesimple.com Instagram and Twitter @JoynerHotPepper

#5 cone9

cone9

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Handsome design.  What retail price do you expect?

btw - I suspect your father's thumb is a bit more green than you think - that's a nice looking bonchi

So many peppers, so little time!             GO  BUCKEYES !            Anymore, it seems the only thing I get done quickly is get older

New goal in life:   I hope I get grandchildren before I get a walker

#6 Trevox

Trevox

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

Very cool concept and I like the design. Light source will be the only challenge for many, everything I grow near a window leans unless I am very good about rotation.

A very clean design, best of luck!

Thanks!

Yeah, you are right. The light source is a challenge for some. We might make lamp later that fits Botanium.

Handsome design.  What retail price do you expect?

btw - I suspect your father's thumb is a bit more green than you think - that's a nice looking bonchi

It's gonna be $39 for the first 100 on Kickstarter, estimated retail price is $79.

Haha, no I have grown the plant on the picture! My dad is not comfortable with cutting it down like I have.

#7 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,901 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

Great looking piece ! nice job :)

#8 Trevox

Trevox

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

The campaign is LIVE and we are already at 16%! Thank you everyone who have backed us so far!

https://www.kickstar...d-effortlessly/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydroponic, self-watering, kickstarter, windowsill, LECA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests