• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health spots on seeds

So I'm patiently waiting for my C.chinense to pop and I'm really looking forward to my Peach Bhut.
so i soaked 5 or 6 seeds in weak H2O2 and later put them on damp paper towel on the heat mat.

over time a couple seeds developed a dark spot or two on the seed. I always assumed these were dud seeds but this morning I noticed that one of these "duds" germinated and popped.

should I pot this seed up or just wait for others? I have a pretty limited amount of seed so i'm nervous.
I just worry its diseased or inferior because of the dark spot on the seed.

anybody seen this  before?

Malarky said:
So I'm patiently waiting for my C.chinense to pop and I'm really looking forward to my Peach Bhut.
so i soaked 5 or 6 seeds in weak H2O2 and later put them on damp paper towel on the heat mat.

over time a couple seeds developed a dark spot or two on the seed. I always assumed these were dud seeds but this morning I noticed that one of these "duds" germinated and popped.

should I pot this seed up or just wait for others? I have a pretty limited amount of seed so i'm nervous.
I just worry its diseased or inferior because of the dark spot on the seed.

anybody seen this  before?
if you need some seeds I got ( Judys )  Peach Bhut S. S. if you need some ,       :party:

Hey Frank thanks for the offer. If I burn through my seed stash I'll shoot you a PM.
Mine are Judy's as well. Saved from a pod i received from Dale(TGCM)

the pod was awesome, so i'm stoked to grow it out.

Malarky said:
Hey Frank thanks for the offer. If I burn through my seed stash I'll shoot you a PM.
Mine are Judy's as well. Saved from a pod i received from Dale(TGCM)

the pod was awesome, so i'm stoked to grow it out.
It shouldn't disappoint ,  I've grown them 3 years in a row , the flavor / heat / aroma , continues     :D

When I attempted germinating w/paper towel and a baggie, I was getting rust colored spots on the paper towel, but not the seeds themselves. I assumed it was residual oils from the placenta....

Back