• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor TopoGrow Grow Tent 24" x 24" x 48" unboxing and assembly

Looking good, Peter.  Perfect size for your UFO and I can't wait to see the aeroponics system you set up.  If you find the plastic zippers on these types of tents ornery, just hook your finger around them on the leading edge when you close it up and that will keep the interior flaps from binding.  Will snap some pictures of my similar seedling starter tent and put them up here later in case it would be of help to anyone.

Slug said:
Looking good, Peter.  Perfect size for your UFO and I can't wait to see the aeroponics system you set up.  If you find the plastic zippers on these types of tents ornery, just hook your finger around them on the leading edge when you close it up and that will keep the interior flaps from binding.  Will snap some pictures of my similar seedling starter tent and put them up here later in case it would be of help to anyone.
Awesome, thanks. Would love to see your setup.

My seedling tent is a 2x2 similar to yours, but probably 6-12 inches taller. Uses a 300W full spectrum LED that I cut the factory hangers off of and strung with paracord. Lets me hang it over a foot closer to the top of the tent than I could by default and allows me to comfortably grow a full-size plant in iso, if I want. I leave the ceiling vent fully open at all times and open or close the others according to ambient room temperature. It's hard to see, but you can adjust the opening on the back-flap vent by sticking the sides of the flap to the velcro at whatever height you need. I love the little inlay that you couldn't figure out the purpose of at first when unboxing. Allows you to just yank the whole floor out for cleaning and then put everything back in. As you can see, I ziptied a power strip to one of the poles. You could also easily hang one from the crossbar up top.

The dark link near the bottom of the chain is one of several I have colored with permanent marker. They represent specific heights from top-of-cover, based on growing of years past. When plants reach different stages of development, I can quickly move the d-ring to what I've already measured off. Extra D-rings are for taking up chain slack and keeping it off the light. Big oscillating fan stays in until seedlings get crowded, then I yank it for space and have a 6" fan with strong spring clip that I clamp to one of the bars, instead. When the tent's closed, even a small fan circulates air really well.

kK5wPda.jpg

I lashed my crossbars to the external cage with spare paracord at the exact midpoints. This makes the tent extremely sturdy, keeps you from worrying that a bump will send your light crashing down, and puts the cross dead-center. Used bowlines so they hold fast, but can be released with ease if I need to move the tent. Also lashed the center together, but left a single loose loop that I can put a d-ring or one of these screw rings through. Light hangs right where I want it. Also have a couple of zipties loosely on the crossbars for hanging a flashlight or such when I'm working with the light off or whatever.

AAeBW62.jpg

To anyone running a decent power LED setup, I'd also suggest picking up a reasonably cheap pair of LED Grow Room safety glasses. The green LED glasses will mostly take away the piercing pink hue while helping you dodge headaches and eye fatigue. The Blue ones are for CFL/Floro setups. I think I got the ones below for $8. They block UV/IR and let me see under full-spectrum LED lights at nearly true color. Not sure they would fit over prescription glasses, but some companies make clipons (for more than your grow light probably cost). I love mine.

z7IOyJD.jpg

Back