• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Sauce Article

I love Crystal with fried chicken. Lately ive been adding a little of my own fermented orange hab sauce to it on the plate. I kinda like the El Yucateco green hab sauce too but i think the Red and Caribbean are better. Its good for a cheap sauce.

That commentary on Pain is Good really cracked me up and it's interesting to see a green hot chilli reach the flavour top spot. I honestly thought that using Habs and Bonnets that weren't quite ripe was an act all my own before I found what I'm reviewing this tuesday. Glad to see people appreciating the flavour that can bring, though I must say I'm more a fan of green Bonnets than Habs.

I'll admit I may also have laughed at what they said about Slingblade but I was quite surprised to see my second ever extract sauce up there in the extra mentions. Mad Dog silver is no laughing matter but, aside from me not liking the Bird's Eye feel its heat has, it's fairly decent. Certainly a hell of a lot better (and hotter) than Dave's. Also easily the second hottest sauce I've ever tried, though I know their new gold edition would change that.

A lot of these felt like they overlooked the original premise as I doubt the sauces that have been in supermarkets for years will suddenly experience a popularity like Sriracha but I still rather enjoyed this particular list. Thanks for the link.

Back