• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ghost pepper growing guide

Germinating ghost pepper seeds.
Start your seeds about 8 weeks before your planing on getting your garden ready for outdoors, seeds can take up to 3 weeks to germinate if not in a warm humid area.
Soaking the seeds is one of the main things to remember and do when you are wanting a faster germination rate, so get a cup of water and place the seeds in the water and soak overnight in the refrigerator. Alot of people wonder why should i soak my pepper seeds well first off pepper seeds do have a hard shell to where soaking them allows the pepper seed to soften so it germinates faster. The reason for soaking them in refrigerator in my opinion sparks a natural germination effect when you take them out of the water from the fridge the temp changes in the seeds embryo so its automatically getting warmer and kicks in gear to start its germination process.

Step 2
Get your organic garden mix together water well, to start your seeds its best to put them in a 3 inch pot or less as to much soil can sometimes cause nutirent issues with small plants. Once your have your container pot ready fill it about 1 inch from the top just enough to leave some space so when you water your ghost peppers it soaks down evenly to the roots.

Step 3
Place your finger about 1 inche down in the middle of the pot and drop 2-3 seeds in the hole, water your ghost pepper seeds well then place in a warm humid area or cover with plastic.

Learn more about growing the ghost pepper at http://www.ghostpepperfarms.com/how-to-grow-the-ghost-pepper

Back