•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Photo

White Hot Peppers 2017

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 Mitzi

Mitzi

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

Those all look amazing.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#122 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • aka:Adam

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

Beautiful pods, Justin! I'm very intrigued by the "questionable" Caramel Reaper. I love the texture, color, and shape. I'll bet that BBG Apocalypse is a scorcher. Great crosses and terrific work!

#123 Superhot Sim

Superhot Sim

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • aka:Superhot Sim

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hi Justin

i know your busy dude but quick enquiry any pics this season of your swamp thing or from your mates ? are they both holding up yellow and are they still really distorted and gnarly hence their name :shocked: :crazy: :lol:

cheers buddy.

#124 jcw10tc

jcw10tc

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Beautiful pods, Justin! I'm very intrigued by the "questionable" Caramel Reaper. I love the texture, color, and shape. I'll bet that BBG Apocalypse is a scorcher. Great crosses and terrific work!

Yeah, I got these seeds form Europe a few years back for a Caramel Reaper.  I grew them last year one plant 0 pods one plant 1 pod and got it isolated.  It was kinda caramel or dark red but looked pretty much like a reaper in shape.  So this year got 3 plants from that one pod.  One plant looks pretty much like a reaper, then this one is just wicked as hell all bumpy and nasty, some future pods are going to have stinger or at least pointed bottoms.  I am liking it, haven't tried it yet but they are gnarly.  The third plant is in a container and didn't set any pods until about 3 weeks ago but it looks like its loading up seirously, overall they look similar to this pod except smaller maybe and more pointed, but texture is kinda there.  If I end up with enough from that one I'll try to send a few to you in a month or so when / if they ripen since I know you love some caramel.  The plant these are on just doesn't have many pods so won't be parting with any of them.

Those all look amazing.

Thank you.  Hope to post more in the future, I am several hudred pics behind on here.

Hi Justin

i know your busy dude but quick enquiry any pics this season of your swamp thing or from your mates ? are they both holding up yellow and are they still really distorted and gnarly hence their name :shocked: :crazy: :lol:

cheers buddy.

They turned yellow on me this year.  Only other report I have is from TexasHotPeppers on here and his were yellow as well.  The inital pods were pretty big and gnarly, not as big as the green ones last year.  As the year has progressed the overall shape has remained but they have gotten smaller and smoother.  At first I was pretty excited as I love yellows, but the taste is subpar for a yellow to me.  I am sure there are those that will like it, but just not my favorite.  Its not bad, but just not what I would prefer myself.

20170812_210109_zps3aeubnsa.jpg

#125 jcw10tc

jcw10tc

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

Chocolate Scotch Bonnets

20170919_200043_zpssrp7jovz.jpg

20170919_200059_zps3rfimtqv.jpg

Black Panther Orange

20170919_162918_zpsciae7ep3.jpg

20170917_174018_zpssmqjxm0i.jpg

JPGS x Primo

I haven't tried these yet but I think they are going to be pretty good.  Got from a friend in Norway - labeled Wartryx Hand Grenade Pheno, just had to grow them without even seeing pics.  These things are heavy and solid.  Almost wonder if a bonnet isn't crossed in there, but a very interesting pod, picture doesn't do it justice.

20170917_130025_zpsbcdqxrkx.jpg

Another Wartryx Cross - these are huge hot an nasty.  The initial pods were bigger than these.

20170915_181005_zpswdpmtybv.jpg

A long reaper x pheno I have been growing for 3 years now, just keeps getting more wicked every year.

20170915_173053_zpstxc4a7ug.jpg

Edited by jcw10tc, 19 September 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#126 OCD Chilehead

OCD Chilehead

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts
  • aka:Chuck
  • Location:COLORADO (Western Slope) closer to Moab than Denver

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Stellar looking pods, Justin. Very interesting varieties.

I'm stil processing (eating) a couple pods a day. Thanks again. Some mean ones in that bunch.
OCD 2017 GLOG http://thehotpepper....63305-ocd-2017/

"There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path."

#127 Superhot Sim

Superhot Sim

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • aka:Superhot Sim

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:22 AM

They turned yellow on me this year.  Only other report I have is from TexasHotPeppers on here and his were yellow as well.  The inital pods were pretty big and gnarly, not as big as the green ones last year.  As the year has progressed the overall shape has remained but they have gotten smaller and smoother.  At first I was pretty excited as I love yellows, but the taste is subpar for a yellow to me.  I am sure there are those that will like it, but just not my favorite.  Its not bad, but just not what I would prefer myself.
20170812_210109_zps3aeubnsa.jpg

Wow you say sub par but too me they look amazing Justin. Pimply gnarly and super vibrant colour. I'm made up.
Hope I do it justice in a cooler climate. Thanks for sharing I think it's a stunner.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

#128 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,804 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Those Chocolate Scotch Bonnets look badass. They almost look like they could be a Chocolate Bahamian Goat, haha
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#129 jcw10tc

jcw10tc

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

Those Chocolate Scotch Bonnets look badass. They almost look like they could be a Chocolate Bahamian Goat, haha

Thanks.  A friend grew these last year, had those great shapes on them.  Mine are about 50/50 with that shape, others have a bit different bottoms, but they are all huge.  These are actually some of the smaller pods on the plant, some of the biggest bonnets I have seen.  They are pretty hot and taste pretty good too, only thing I don't like is they take forever to ripen completely, they don't want to ripen on the bottoms sometimes as you can see on the pod on the left side of the picture.

#130 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • aka:Adam

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, I got these seeds form Europe a few years back for a Caramel Reaper.  I grew them last year one plant 0 pods one plant 1 pod and got it isolated.  It was kinda caramel or dark red but looked pretty much like a reaper in shape.  So this year got 3 plants from that one pod.  One plant looks pretty much like a reaper, then this one is just wicked as hell all bumpy and nasty, some future pods are going to have stinger or at least pointed bottoms.  I am liking it, haven't tried it yet but they are gnarly.  The third plant is in a container and didn't set any pods until about 3 weeks ago but it looks like its loading up seirously, overall they look similar to this pod except smaller maybe and more pointed, but texture is kinda there.  If I end up with enough from that one I'll try to send a few to you in a month or so when / if they ripen since I know you love some caramel.  The plant these are on just doesn't have many pods so won't be parting with any of them.

Wow! Thank you very much, Justin! You've done so much for me already. I'm going to have a kickin' caramel patch next year, with all the caramels you've sent me...along with many other great varieties. Thanks again!

#131 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,804 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

Mine are about 50/50 with that shape, others have a bit different bottoms, but they are all huge.  These are actually some of the smaller pods on the plant, some of the biggest bonnets I have seen.

Are they prolific?
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#132 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,861 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

I was really looking forward to the swamp things! I'm still growing them next year!

#133 jcw10tc

jcw10tc

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

Not sure if I replied to you before.  Well no crossing was done by me, either other people or natural.  The caramel reaper is some sort of cross for sure.  A co-worker is growing a plant or 2 I gave him.  His texture looks simllar but he said they might be turning yellow.  I have a plant in a bucket that has no color yet but similar texture hoping season lasts long enough to see color.

Are they prolific?

Yeah, they are producing quite well, like most bonnets.  One plant was a total runt at plant out, really didn't think it would make it but its got quite a few pods on it now and doing just fine.

I was really looking forward to the swamp things! I'm still growing them next year!

Well, I don't know what you will get from it, its crazy unstable, but I suspect you will get something interesting and potentially large.  The seeds that grew the swamp thing was from a chocolate brain strain from Italy.   I planted original seeds of that one again this year and they are chocolate and huge, buggest superhots I have ever grown probably.

20170911_164547_zpsfmsermbm.jpg

#134 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,424 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

I've been trying to catch up on all the fantastic glogs. It's been crazy this year. And I see you're doing well this season ;)

Those long reapers look like some real pain! Good job buddy!

It's all about the pods....

#135 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

I figured I would grow a plant or two from the seeds I got from you,and a plant or two off the pod I got from Garth. We will see what I get, the chocolate pheno looks nice too!

#136 lobo

lobo

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:19 AM

Hi Justin,

I wolud like to say big thank you for your seeds.

For next season 2018 I Ordered from you by three times per one month :-D many of your varieties and I can only say that there is visible see that you do this hobby on high level. All my orders was shipped by very fast time and all seeds I have in my home in CZECH REPUBLIC now !!! :party:

I wish you all the best for next season. :onfire:

#137 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:13 AM

Are you selling any of the seeds off of the chocolate swamp thing? Or whatever you call it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests