• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Season 2017. Dedicate to rghm1u20. Thanks for all this seeds

Hello everybody. I'm Alejandro. I have 28 years old. I am from Argentina. I am a student.
I study systems engineering.

It's a bit difficult to write in this language but I will try to do.
Like all of you, I love spicy peppers. It is very gratifying in the morning watering the hot peppers.

This glog is dedicated to rghm1u20, thanks to him who gave me these seeds.
I am very grateful for all this.

1485867222.jpg

This are all the seeds who rghm1u20 sends to me.

1485867492.png

This is the dawn I see every morning.

1485867564.jpg

This is my balcony. it is very small but i will to try growing peppers.

1485867714.jpg

I hope you learn something from my country either Any food, music or any recipe.

And this is a litle cups whits seeds.
Some have not germinated yet but soon they will.

Bonda Ma Jaques and kali mirch
1485867821.jpg

Bolivian Rainbow and black scorpion
1485867895.jpg

Dorset Naga by rghm1u20, another Dorset naga and Bhut Orange Copenhagen.

1485867981.jpg

Dorset Naga by rghm1u20 (I hope they germinate soon, it very slow to germinate ?)

1485868067.jpg

And this are my plants of the last year.
I have problems whit rocotto. A lot of flowers but no fruits.
1485868235.jpg

This is scotch bonet. it is a very strong plant in this weather.

1485868307.jpg

Its fruits

1485868393.jpg

This is basil. This is a very important plant to repel all insects and your taste for all food is wonderful.
The same with the oregano (I have to bring a plant to the balcony).
1485868459.jpg

This is a beer bottle.
1485868506.jpg

I am surprised to see that in other countries they sell bottles of small beer.
In my country it is not very popular to sell small bottles of beer because beer is always shared with a friend.
Here is never a beer alone

It is all for today.
I will to update every Sunday.

Greetings from Argentina
1485868874.jpg

Nice little glog! Sometimes we put too much tech, pile hundreds of varieties and we forget what's all about: having fun and sharing the heat and a beer with friends.

Best of luck

Datil

wiriwiri said:
Hola Alejandro,Bienvenido ,Si, Adrian es una buena persona.Sus plantas y paisajes son preciosos.
¡Buena suerte! ¡Mis mejores deseos 

Sandy de Connecticut.USA...Hablo un poco de español :P

Hello Sandy, You speaks perfect Spanish.  I congratulate you.

Datil said:
Nice little glog! Sometimes we put too much tech, pile hundreds of varieties and we forget what's all about: having fun and sharing the heat and a beer with friends.

Best of luck

Datil

Hello, it's true. At certain times organic is better than chemical. I will go putting organic tips.
Everything is more beautiful if you share your things (beer, hot peppers, food and knowledge).

Greetings from Argentina.

Greetings Alejandro from a pepper grower in South Carolina. I'm pleased to see you dedicated your blog to Adrian (rghm1u20). He is very generous sending seeds. Drink a beer for me! Cheers!

Hola Alejandro!

I feel... well, is so... amazing, you dedicated the blog to me! I don't deserve such a honor. This is nothing compared to what other people shared to me, I mean seeds. I will name no one because don't want to miss somebody. But for sure you will discover alone here many amazing people. Even some seeds I sent to you, are seeds others sent to me, or seeds from peppers I grew from seeds shared by others.

I see you already have nice plants, and I hope all seeds will sprout nice. Wish you a great season, and will follow your glog. Thank you so much for naming it by me. And thank to other foreros for nice words.

Hello and welcome.Good luck on your season.I like the idea of no small bottles of beer.In the USA right now too much talk of building a wall we need bigger beer bottles!

mpicante said:
Hello and welcome.Good luck on your season.I like the idea of no small bottles of beer.In the USA right now too much talk of building a wall we need bigger beer bottles!

Hi. It is a very difficult subject that is happening in the United States. I hope everything gets fixed soon. All countries have problems and USA is no exception.

:welcome:  Alejandro -  your Scotch Bonnet
pods look amazing!

Is it hot where you live?  The Rocoto plants don't  
like too much heat - they will just keep flowering
and dropping without setting pods.  Even in our
Pacific maritime climate here, I grow mine in partial
shade. 

By the way thanks for being understanding  :rolleyes:

Hello everyone. It was a little sad week.
Here in Argentina it is summer and it is very hot. Temperatures reach 40 ° C (104 Fahrenheit). It is for this reason that plants need a lot of water, otherwise they die.
For this reason I reheated them with plenty of water. Sadly I detected fungi on some plants.

Here in argentina is known as the plague of the "sadness of the pepper".

1486328822.jpg

1486329001.jpg

I show you some photos with the mushrooms. The fungus begins with roots and climbs up the stalk preventing the plant from absorbing water.

1486329159.jpg

1486329323.jpg

1486329391.jpg

Fortunately children are the most important thing that a nation has for its continuity.

1486330594.jpg

It is a joy to arrive in February because temperatures are lower than January.
I learned from my mistake about over watering hot pepper plants.

Greetings from Argentina

PaulG said:
:welcome:  Alejandro -  your Scotch Bonnet
pods look amazing!

Is it hot where you live?  The Rocoto plants don't  
like too much heat - they will just keep flowering
and dropping without setting pods.  Even in our
Pacific maritime climate here, I grow mine in partial
shade. 

By the way thanks for being understanding  :rolleyes:

Here in Argentina it is summer and it is very hot. Temperatures reach 40 ° C (104 Fahrenheit).
To the rocoto I had to give it because it is very hot on my balcony and maybe in the house of my friend bear fruit.

I think that's worth a try, Alejandro.  In that kind of heat mine
don't set pods even in the shade.  Have you tried Fatalis? 
They love full sun and can take the heat, and they are not a
large plant.  I like the yellow variety.

PaulG said:
I think that's worth a try, Alejandro.  In that kind of heat mine
don't set pods even in the shade.  Have you tried Fatalis? 
They love full sun and can take the heat, and they are not a
large plant.  I like the yellow variety.

I have no seeds of fatalis. But if I come to have it with pleasure I will plant them. I learned that it will be a little difficult to have hot pepper plants in summer in Argentina.
The only variety I have of yellow color is the pepper BUD ORANGE COPENHAGEN sent by rghm1u20.

Argentine said:

I have no seeds of fatalis. But if I come to have it with pleasure I will plant them. I learned that it will be a little difficult to have hot pepper plants in summer in Argentina.
The only variety I have of yellow color is the pepper BUD ORANGE COPENHAGEN sent by rghm1u20.
I have a few Fatali seeds left, I think,
PM me your address and I will look
for them and send you a few.

Back