Needed a break

Had a rough patch a while back and decided to step away from social media for a while and focus on my family and starting our own business. I used to post under Pariah/TrueNorthReptiles, but for the life of me, I can't remember my login info. Figured I'd drop in and see how everyone was doing. Looks like things are still the same.

Overall not too bad. Kind of nice being my own boss now. Finally acquired some land for our new home and shooting for getting that finished up this spring. Could have gone without the three car accidents in a week, though. ;)

Queequeg, we own a restaurant and a bar. I've been a chef for many years, so when the opportunity to have our own restaurant came along, we jumped on it. We are running it as a family. My mother runs the bar while I run the restaurant and my sister does the dishes. During the weekends I have my nieces help waitressing. Perfect job for their age to make some spending money.

I love it here. Aesthetically, besides the snow, the two states are very different. Alaska, at least the part I lived in, was an overgrown forest and bordering on a jungle in the summer. Wyoming, on the other hand, is a desert. But I love how quiet it is here. Meeteetse only has 327 people and the nearest town is Cody, 35 miles away and only has 9,400 people. Crime is almost non-existent. Plus we have two awesome resivoirs right down the road chock full of trout.

Glad you opened your own place. You used to work at The Buffalo Chip or something right?

Welcome back mate, best of luck with the new restaurant. Sounds like a great place for a drink and a good meal. 

I hope the addition of your new arrival goes smoothly, it would be best to sleep as much as you can, while you can.... :P

SR.

Back