for-sale Black Walnut end grain cutting board for sale

Absolutely beautiful, but unfortunately I spend too much on current projects to spring for a buck fifty on a cutting board. I'd kill for a cheese press out of this, though.

Beautiful!

Does it being on rubber feet not contribute to it warping and also reduce the overall strength when chopping? The artistry is beautiful but I thought I'd chime in with a practical note, from experience.

The Hot Pepper said:
Beautiful!

Does it being on rubber feet not contribute to it warping and also reduce the overall strength when chopping? The artistry is beautiful but I thought I'd chime in with a practical note, from experience.

Being that it is end grain and there are so many glued joints I couldn't see it warping unless it was very improperly cared for.  Like soaking it in your sink or let standing water sit on it for a long period of time.   I use only Titebond 3 wood glue which is non-toxic and food safe.  It's a really strong glue.  You'd break the wood before you'd break a glued joint.   I'd say no it doesn't reduce the overall strength at all IMO. Super solid boards!! The rubber feet serve 2 purposes being,  you have a board that will stay in place while chopping and won't slide or slip around while doing so.  The second reason is for good airflow underneath after washing it so it doesn't warp.    

If there is any more questions please feel free to ask.  I'll try to answer the best I can!     

Back