• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

"The Most" Pepper

Got pics too? what do you all consider the rarest or hardest to obtain peppers? hardest to grow? most expensive... i wanna know peoples thoughts on "THE MOST" in any catergory.. the most sweet, the most hot, the most wrinkled, the most productive, the most odd, the most strange, the hardest to find, grow, get.. etc etc... largest smallest rarest most common etc etc

Curious as i just read an article that charpita (sp?) were selling for 25000 dollars a kilo... its the only reference i could find to that so probably an onion article or something but sparked my interest in mosts after that article called them the most expensive pepper in the world...

JUR-Z-Devil said:
Got pics too? what do you all consider the rarest or hardest to obtain peppers? hardest to grow? most expensive... i wanna know peoples thoughts on "THE MOST" in any catergory.. the most sweet, the most hot, the most wrinkled, the most productive, the most odd, the most strange, the hardest to find, grow, get.. etc etc... largest smallest rarest most common etc etc

Curious as i just read an article that charpita (sp?) were selling for 25000 dollars a kilo... its the only reference i could find to that so probably an onion article or something but sparked my interest in mosts after that article called them the most expensive pepper in the world...

IMG_5583.JPG

There she is the MOST annoying plant to harvest.   

Murupi Amarela is pretty unusual looking imo:

2d9d0rn.jpg

Wild Brazil was the most annoying to harvest for me. 

Rocotos/Manzanos and wilds have been the hardest for me to grow, with several wilds (C. lanceolatum, etc) being very hard to find.  

tctenten said:

There she is the MOST annoying plant to harvest.   
I'll second that.   I had mine in a small container and still produced thousands of pods.

That 25,000 dollar article has helped with some Charapita seed sales this year.  I have sold 10 packs to many people mostly overseas/ mostly Asia.  I suspect people have read the article and have some big dreams.  I have talked with several about it.  One guy asked me to tell him how to grow, harvest, and sell them.  I told him, if I had any clue how I could get that money for them and get a confirmed buyer my entire yard would be full of Charapita next year. 

shaggs2riches said:
Most mispronounced (or so it would seem) is Carolina Reaper. If I had a dollar for how many people have called it a California Creeper or California Reefer, I would be sitting pretty comfy.

That's nothing compared to the Jal-ay-peen-eh-yo and related wordbutchery.

On another note, The Chilli Pepper Company (chileseeds.co.uk) are selling Pink Tiger as "The Rarest and Possibly Most Expensive Chilli Seed In The World". Given how readily available they seem to be, however, I think the Jigsaw has them beat for rarest in the UK general market and, as for less marketed types, I simply cannot get Tokuyama Togarashi for love nor money.
Speaking of money, they're wanting £3.75 for a pack of five of those Pink Tiger seeds which is, admittedly, quite steep. It is not, however, the highest price I've seen on chilli seeds (£1 a piece).

from what i can tell, mutant candlelight is the rarest and most expensive seeds... unless gotten for free here on THP!!! lol... ive seen em 2 dollars a seed

JUR-Z-Devil said:
from what i can tell, mutant candlelight is the rarest and most expensive seeds... unless gotten for free here on THP!!! lol... ive seen em 2 dollars a seed
Pretty expensive considering your paying for the LEAVES lol

Jase4224 said:
Pretty expensive considering your paying for the LEAVES lol

Well i dont think anyone debates buying the mutant candlelight for anything more than the novelty and rarity of it... Thats why i have em... I love the weird and rare... Lots of people grow superhots that dont even like spicy food for the novelty of it... Im growing 9 mutant candlelights this season... gonna try to make crosses etc and see what happens over the next few years... A mutant reaper? A Mutant bhutlah?

The way i think of it is no different than how i look at people that grow flowers instead of food... seems like a waste of money and space to me,but now that i got candlelights, I guess i get it...  

also not really that expensive considering how few seeds a plant produces... some produce no seeds at all even with a bunch of pods...

Squishiest/Juiciest chilli would have to be my pheno of THSC's Baby Morich. I call it the 'Fat BM' and I'm currently selecting seeds from the largest pods.

I love this chilli as it's soft to touch, and when you cut it open the juice just runs out. It tastes amazing and is perfect for sauce making.

Originally a Tabasco X Naga Morich

Back