• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chili Peppers and Hemorrhoids ... Chili Consumption Frequency

Hello everyone.

I open this thread for a real discussion of hemorrhoids and hot pepper.
In Argentina is the main cause and reason that the population does not consume hot pepper...
This is a loss for the goodness of the spice that has in our organism.

Many times I was told ... "Be careful with hemorrhoids if you eat spicy"

I know the case of a friend who ate so much spicy daily that had serious problems of hemorrhoids, to the point of being operated (But healed with Aloe Vera).

Those are two unknowns that I have. The frequency of consumption of hot pepper and its relation to hemorrhoids.

I personally if I have spicy commercial sauce, consumption every other day.
If I have fresh hot pepper ... every 3 or 4 days .... I do this for fear of hemorrhoids ....

I must admit I've never eaten a Dorset Naga, or that kind of ...

I want the members of the forum to opine and to be with due seriousness ...

Greetings to all from Córdoba Argentina.

My family is from Argentina. And I hate to be disrespectful, but your culture has alot of silly beliefs.
Whenever I am in Argentina, I just get the impression that Argentines have an aversion to plant matter, in general. Although, zapallito is one of my favorite vegetables. (even though it's actually a fruit)
A little more fiber, and a little less bread in your diet, and those hemorrhoids will be a thing of the past.

Scoville DeVille said:
That's crazy! Is it with fresh peppers grown locally or with commercial sauces also? Here in the states we call it's "ring sting" but I have never heard of it being this serious.

With fresh peppers and sauces made with peppers grown in the country...

Masher said:
I eat fire peppers daily for years....no hemorrhoids from peppers, but I do shit fire regularly.

Jajajaja I hope someday the same happens to me ... but I have some fear hemorrhoids.

complete nonsense... there is zero relation between the 2... that is a silly belief... hemroids have nothing to do with what you eat unless it causes constipation making you more likely to push when going... pressure is the cause of hemroids... if anything peppers and spice would make it better for people with hemroids as it softens the stool...

I minced a Ghost and whole head of garlic last Friday for pizza. While I did have a Flaming Cleanse the next day, no hemorrhoids to speak of. Nor any of the other times I've done that or any other preparation of fresh or cooked hot peppers.

My neighbor co-worker is Chinese and always warns me to balance the spiciness in my diet with "cooler" foods (Eastern medicine), but every time she says that, I always hanker for something spicy. 

i eat super hots daily. the tamest i go is habanero, hottest is ghost (only because I haven't grown hotter yet), and ive never had a problem... no 'roids and no flaming butthole either... in fact the only time I feel uncomfortable is when I touch my eyes accidentally while eating or cooking with a superhot.

IMO it's not the peppersd causing the hemeroids, instead the peppers are irritating an open sore that already existed, and people may have simply not been aware of them before eating the peppers. In fact, they should be thanking the peppers for indicating they have possible health concerns like hermeroids or ulsers. LOL, ulsers are the same situation, I hear a lot of wive's tales about peppers causing them... lol.

Back