• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

blue wally bags

Didnt even know WTF wally bags are, turns out their Garment bags, they come in diff sizes so you going to be more specific and look the formula for calculating volume based on the dimensions of the Bag :)

about 5 is what i was thinking. used some last year and they worked great. one year is all i got out of them. but hey, for 50cents each, i will use again

rickster said:
about 5 is what i was thinking. used some last year and they worked great. one year is all i got out of them. but hey, for 50cents each, i will use again

why when for 50 cents to a dollar depending on source you can get the white plastic grow bags that last years... can also get fabric grow bags at 5 gallons for 1.50 each that last 3-4 years...

dragonsfire said:
Didnt even know WTF wally bags are, turns out their Garment bags, they come in diff sizes so you going to be more specific and look the formula for calculating volume based on the dimensions of the Bag :)

i second this... anyone got a link to a wally bag plant pot? i cant find it...all i find is clothing bags..

JUR-Z-Devil said:

i second this... anyone got a link to a wally bag plant pot? i cant find it...all i find is clothing bags..
Is this what you are looking for ?

if not you can walk into any walmart store and buy them at the checkout counters.

SavinaRed said:
Is this what you are looking for ?

if not you can walk into any walmart store and buy them at the checkout counters.
oooh... he meant walmart bags... i had that in the back of my mind but if you google wally bags they are a thing too...

how much are they? 50 cents for real? tempting...

JUR-Z-Devil said:
oooh... he meant walmart bags... i had that in the back of my mind but if you google wally bags they are a thing too...

how much are they? 50 cents for real? tempting...

yes they are only .50 a bag.

nice... but i think ill haveto go with the viagrow5 gallon plastic growbags for water retention...the wallies seem like they would dry out to fast... same price... 51 cents a bag...

JUR-Z-Devil said:
nice... but i think ill haveto go with the viagrow5 gallon plastic growbags for water retention...the wallies seem like they would dry out to fast... same price... 51 cents a bag...
Some people use them because they are cheap, others use them for the "air pruning" method of growing because they let air into the soil and supposedly it makes the roots grow more downward and back in towards the center of the bag when they hit the sides instead of just circling around like they do in a plastic pot. If you haven't heard of it, just look it up on youtube.

U)<now said:
Some people use them because they are cheap, others use them for the "air pruning" method of growing because they let air into the soil and supposedly it makes the roots grow more downward and back in towards the center of the bag when they hit the sides instead of just circling around like they do in a plastic pot. If you haven't heard of it, just look it up on youtube.

rickster said:
yup, no curling roots. i did 10 last year and they worked great. just have to water EVERY day when its 100 outside

oh, no... Im aware... Ive been growing in cloth grow bags for years... its just this year i am going up to a few hundred plants on multiple properties... too much watering for that many plants...also with the plastic grow bags there is usually a decent root system without the circling as well because of the flexible sides of the bag the roots can push it a way a bit causing space and a version of air prune... not as effective as cloth but way better than hard plastic pots...  [media]https://youtu.be/HMCSjMvmbs0[/media]

JUR-Z-Devil said:

oh, no... Im aware... Ive been growing in cloth grow bags for years... its just this year i am going up to a few hundred plants on multiple properties... too much watering for that many plants...also with the plastic grow bags there is usually a decent root system without the circling as well because of the flexible sides of the bag the roots can push it a way a bit causing space and a version of air prune... not as effective as cloth but way better than hard plastic pots...  [media]https://youtu.be/HMCSjMvmbs0[/media]
Good review, that's really neat. I might try a couple experiments for myself this year, 5 gal buckets, plastic growbags and fabric growbags, to see which does the best.

Back