Greeting from Indiana

Hi All,

My name's Chris and I've been lurking around this forum for a few years, looking for tips and tactics as I refined my pepper growing. Now that I'm a little more comfortable with my process, I thought I'd join up and participate a bit in the threads. I currently live in Terre Haute, Indiana, and I've got a nice little garden plot on the side of my house that has proven itself to be extraordinarily fertile for peppers. (I think the previous owner had something to do with this, because I mostly just fertilize with Miracle Gro and epsom salts.) I try to grow a variety of hots and superhots, with a couple of sweets and tomatoes thrown in for salsa-making and sauces. I've been broadening my uses for peppers lately. I used to just grow them and use them fresh, but in the last couple of years, my wife and I have branched out to pickling, drying, powdering, and jellying. (I just opened a cherry cowhorn jelly from last fall that's to die for.) This year, I think I might also try my hand at some hot sauces, if time allows. Anyway, thanks to many of you for your assistance over the years (whether you knew it or not), and I look forward to chatting in the forums!

8ac358ee24a87994fdfe867a9ee46ed8_zpsxrgul7sp.gif

From Taxachusetts!

Back