• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

You Guys Made Me Do It!!

Copyright infringement? Heh,  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, boys and girls,  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ...

Besides, imitation is the best form of flattery, and this site deserves a BOOK be compiled!!

16602789_250665365382756_6854270422366364884_n.jpg

My first entry is related to an intense current craving.

16684305_250665382049421_6532647439844658801_n.jpg

Next though, I'm going after the Throwdown threads! BWA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! And yes, I'm attributing...

Unfortunately (and I REALLY mean that), I won't be doing photos. I'm using the office printer, no color, and with it being tax season, ink is worth it's weight in gold. I hope that someone better equipped may publish a better laid out version, and offer it to members and others...Maybe (hint hint) do and E-cookbook!

OK, at some point or another a disclaimer is going to have to be made. I'm REALLY new here, signed up just last August. That should tell the old-timers how much catching up and digging I gotta do, and the forums and the threads and the parsing of individual recipes and the fact that I'M LIKELY TO MOSTLY PRINT RECIPES THAT MAKE ME DROOL...Uh, ahem, sorry, but if you folks haven't looked at your website lately, there are, in my estimation, including sauces, salsas, BBQ, throwdowns, etc. etc. etc. etc., maybe THOUSANDS of qualifying entries for a cookbook on this site alone, jeez, a guy can eat only so much....

...but I'll give it a shot, 'cause I'm HUNGRY!

Scoville DeVille said:
Ok, that is next level awesome.

Do you know how many times I have seen "suggestions" people have made to put a book together of THP recipes?

No one has ever done it. Until now!

Dood, I used to buy my Cinci Chili in a can. No mo'!!

Rawkstah said:
If you want to share it, you should upload it to google drive/dropbox. Then maybe others can add recipes there too and have a whole digital collection available.  

You know, that's a great idea, excepting that my shriveled old brain does computer/interweb stuff very very poorly. My original intent was (and is still) a self-centered one. I'm all about a database making it easier to swim through the myriad and epicurean goodies on this website, but am not the one to attempt creating one...

stettoman said:

Dood, I used to buy my Cinci Chili in a can. No mo'!!
Seriously??? Whoa...

A. I didn't even know you could buy it in a can :crazy:

B. Why? :Rofl:

3. It's so easy!!!

Not many recipes I veiw as "critical", adding a dash of this, a scoop of that, etc etc etc but The Cincy chili should be followed fairly stricltly. If the spices get imbalanced, it could taste really weird. Cumin and Cocoa? Yeah, weird combo but balanced perfectly!

Scoville DeVille said:
Seriously??? Whoa...

A. I didn't even know you could buy it in a can :crazy:

B. Why? :rofl:

3. It's so easy!!!

Not many recipes I veiw as "critical", adding a dash of this, a scoop of that, etc etc etc but The Cincy chili should be followed fairly stricltly. If the spices get imbalanced, it could taste really weird. Cumin and Cocoa? Yeah, weird combo but balanced perfectly!

When I lived in the Phoenix area we had friends I flew R/C with who were hardcore Cincinnatians (?), and at every get together and fly-in she would make homemade Cincinnati Chili, though they never mentioned "4-way". I could NOT get her to give me the recipe, but a local grocery sold the stuff in a can. Not as good, but for me at the time, good enough... 

First time I ever saw Cincy chili was about 10 years ago on MNFootball. I was like, "WTF????"

So I googled it and virtually every recipe was the same. Or REALLY close. I have made that same recipe since then. Weird that she never mentioned the 3-5 way. Apparently, that's the norm when ordering it. Some people don't like beans, or onions or vice versa. The oyster crackers really do it's tho. It's such a strange dish but the Greek guy that created it must have been part genius.

those of us who know of a recipe or 2 can link it here to make it easy for you to find~~~  ;)

edit- here's a couple to get you started-

AJ's Red (chili)  Alabama Jack

Potato Salad

Pasta Salad

Scovie posted his Mole recipe recently, ya gotta get that one~

In The I :heart: WINGS! Thread, post #125
Defcon Wings-
Just as a quick refresher, here's our tried and true prep method.

STEP 1

Take 10 pounds of fresh wings (NEVER frozen) and CAREFULLY put them into 375 degree canola oil (preferably within a turkey fryer with approx. 2 ½ gallons of oil).

STEP 2

Allow to fry for a few minutes, then remove from oil. They aren’t done yet! Stab each wing section ONCE with a 2-pronged BBQ fork. After all pieces are punctured, put back in the 375 degree oil.

STEP 3

Allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until crispy on the outside.

STEP 4

Take fry basket directly from fryer, shake off some of the oil, and throw into stainless steel bowl. Add as much Defcon wing sauce as you like into the bowl, toss ‘em up, serve ‘em up, and enjoy.

Repeat as needed.

Back