Greets from Holland

Hey everyone, I'm a rookie grower from Holland. I recently bought a very young Manzano chili plant, and I bought a ornamental chili with my boyfriend. We have no idea what kind it is though. Nobody seems to know :P

I don't regularily eat a lot of hot stuff, so it might have been a bad idea to stick one of the ornamental chilies in my mouth to taste... :mouthonfire: I'm staying away from those Naga-monstrosities!

So hopefully I can get some tips for keeping my new babies healthy, and maybe even get to know some semi-merciful ways to slowly destroy my taste buds.

Nice to meet all of you :)

66.png
...from Germany.

Enjoy your stay!

Passow welcomes you, nice avatar pic.

As for taste bud destruction, blow them out of the water. I know it sounds nuts but it really works. Get something like Defcon Zero (preferably batch #3) or CaJohn's Z and put a bunch of drops on a spoon. Place said spoon with the liquid directly on your tongue (don't get any on your lips) and enjoy the burn for as long as you can stand it (try not to kill the heat, let it do it's magic).

It'll hurt but it gives you a perfect referance for what actually is hot and what is not. Basically, it'll improve your tolerance almost instantly. Trust me, I've initiated and trained far too many people this way and it works every time. ;)

That seriously scares me to death. I might force myself to try it when (and if) I can get those sauces in the first place. Hooray for tight budgets.

Welcome From Fort Worth, Texas

I am taking the slow route so I can still taste... :lol:

a toothpick dipped in DefCon Zero will do the trick...

Hello Elkie from Florida, USA

Hey, I think most of us know how it is to watch our money closely in regards to what we spend it on.

If you have the room for a few outside containers to grow your own peppers in, and the time and patience to watch and care for them, then you can make your own hot sauces from recipes right here on this wonderful group!

At your local store, do they have hot peppers for sale? Here in Florida, I can buy peppers from several other countries. If you have a store that specializes in either South American or Mexican items, you might find dried peppers there from other countries. They will work fine in your own sauces also.

Good luck to you and I hope you find everything you've come here for!

Nat.

Welcome from Italy! Where are u in Netherlands? I've been Amsterdammer for a while (2 years and half...) before coming back in italy.I miss it a lot, nice place!
Anyway don't trust those buddy's, they just wanna scare you :)

Welcome from gods country....Australia....

You will be eating naga's in no time.......It's just one of those things that happen....hehe

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Mammoccio, I've been born and raised in a small village in Brabant, inbetween Helmond and Eindhoven (in case those cities ring a bell). I currently study in Maastricht, and I live in a student room there.

I've been to Amsterdam three times. It is a great place, if you can stand the stench of marijuana :P A shout-out to all the future visitors: A coffee shop is not what you'd expect...

Back