• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Did you like Beni Highlands?

This year i ordered some Beni Highlands from Chileplants. I wanted a earlier producer of "milder" yellow habs. This one appears to fit the bill. My orange habs last year did well but i wanted yellow and a tad less heat. The plan is for sauce and powder. Also as a "filler" for a 7 Pot Yellow sauce.

Im hoping they will be a worthy addition to the Scotch Bonnet Yellow MOA and 7 Pot Yellow. All the heat levels should be well covered?

I tried Beni Highlands last season. It was OK. Very subdued, light chinense taste with no fruitiness that I could detect. Also the heat was very very low. Seemed closer to Jalapeno than Habanero level to me. But the flavor was a bit too toned down and subdued for my taste, so I doubt that I will grow it in the future. I prefer something like the Malaysian Goronong for a milder yellow chinense. It has a nice, comfortable burn on the low end of the Habanero heat range, and a better yellow chinense flavor than Beni Highlands IMO. It's one worth considering at least.

Back