• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

idrinkbeerwhileifish First Year GLOG

Hey guys, I've lurked here a while, and just now getting started in the pepper growing world. Bought an Aerogarden for $40, some seeds off of eBay, and Advanced Nutrients Micro-Grow-Bloom PH perfect nutes. Started these guys last night in Rockwool, with 16ml of each nutrient for the 1 gallon tank.  I'm in Virginia, so hoping to put these outside in a Kratky system mid to late April.

My hopes is to put each plant in a gallon jug Kratky. How much water will they consume per week? I don't have direct sun, but where I will put them has plenty of light. Any help on the nutes proportions would be great as well - I'm just going to do a 1-1-1 ratio unless I find other guidance, I'm new and don't want to mess up.

Thanks for looking!

2OustTT.jpg
iMBzTyv.jpg

Thanks! Any idea as to how much nutrients a pepper will consume in a gallon Kratky system once I put them outside? I'm assuming I can refill the system somewhat?

Here is a picture of 1 week progress. All but the Scotch Bonnets have broken the seed shell, the Goats just haven't come up through the base of the planting pod yet. I also ordered Butch T Scorpion seeds and Choc Bhut Jolokia seeds. Will start them and a Tabasco in about a week when I transfer herbs out of my 3 pod Aerogarden. That will give me 10 pepper plants and varieties.

I decided I will transplant them into soil around May 1, in 2 gallon poly grow bags rather than go Kratky through the whole summer.

I'd say they are coming along nicely! Any wisdom my way would be much appreciated! Cheers folks!

8uy3PaA.jpg

idrinkbeerwhileifish said:
After looking more closely, Every single seed (3 seeds of each) germinated except for 1 goat seed, and -so far- the 3 Scotch Bonnet seeds.
Hopefully the SB will eventually germinate it's only been a week you say some take a while ... if you don't get anything PM me your address and I can pop some SB seed in a card

Trident chilli said:
Hopefully the SB will eventually germinate it's only been a week you say some take a while ... if you don't get anything PM me your address and I can pop some SB seed in a card

Hey, thanks! Will do in about a week, thanks again!

Here's a picture from last night, 2 weeks in from when I dropped the seeds into the rockwool. Flushed and added new nutes as well. Still waiting on the Scotch Bonnet to sprout, I threw in a few more seeds over the weekend as insurance.

I also planted last night a Tobasco, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and a Butch-T Scorpion. Brings me to 10 peppers.

Revised my gameplan some, but hoping to transplant sometime mid-late April. Will be putting each plant into a 2-gallon poly grow bag with a mix of 1-part compost manure top soil, 1-part peat moss and 1-part perlite. Will water with steeped worm casting compost tea.

The hotter the pod, the longer it takes to germinate? From my not so scientific analysis, that seems to be the case. Been learning a lot around here and on Youtube. Any advice or critique on my plan is much appreciated!

Cheers guys!

ybpXK0h.jpg

Back