• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Roommate threw out all of my seeds...help please!

Last fall I had accumulated some awesome peppers/seeds from some different sources back in CT. Since then I have moved and was excited to start growing some of these seeds this season. Well, last week while I was out of town my roommate decided to clean the apartment and in the process threw out all of my dried peppers and the seeds they contained leaving me without a seed bank to start from. Now, all I have is a Bolivian rainbow that I have overwintered. Now I'm looking for some new interesting varieties to grow. Any of you guys have good sources for seeds that won't break the bank? I really don't have the money to drop on more than a few varieties the way seeds are priced. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have ordered seeds from and would recommend:

midwestchileheads

pepperlover

buckeyepepperco

wickedmike

Have heard good things about AJ Drew over at peppersbymail too.

You should be able to get a nice variety of seeds from any or all of the above.  I'd suggest contacting them - they might be able to put together a seed sampler.

There are also plenty of users selling/trading seeds in the forum ads section.

Good luck.  :)

Plenty of good options above .Good luck!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
You anywhere near Cheshire CT?
I grew up about an hour from there, but last fall I moved to Virginia, and this spring I'll be headed down to Florida.

https://goo.gl/photos/gUj5Gf48qbVLTjiM8
Here is a Picture of the peppers I lost before I dried them out. The biggest thorn in my side is over losing the Chocolate Bhuts and the Aji Amarillo peppers. The plants that they came off of  were very healthy, and great producers and the peppers themselves had a great flavor to heat combination and they also just looked cool. Any seeds at all would be appreciated more than you know, chili people really are a great community!

Wasn't sure if you had a sob story looking for free seeds but I believe your pics... ;) and the members got your back, like they always do. Good luck.

Do me a favor and pay it back or forward. "Back" is never asked here everyone is so selfless, they ask you to pay it forward, but back is always cool too. Think about it. ;)

I'm all about paying it forward. I ended up buying some seeds from whitehotpeppers earlier today. Great reviews, selection and prices. I'll happily send some seeds back as well as gift some plants to friends and family. Nothing better than getting someone else into a hobby you love. On that note, if any of you are fly fisherman, I'll gladly trade flies for seeds!

Back