• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Datil's 2017 - Nagaland, Mexico and beyond

Thought it was about time to start my first ever glog here :)
I'm very lazy and too busy to update it properly but i'll do my best.
This year i'm making an extra effort to keep the list tight and grow what i really like taste-wise, just a couple 'experiments'.

Here's what i've sowed so far (some seedlings already up):

- Myanmar Naga (landrace Burmese Naga pheno courtesy of Grant/JungleRain)
- Bih Jolokia Improved Light Green (originally from Frontal Agritech, courtesy of Chris Phillips)
- Yellow Bhut (scored on THP i forgot from whom... hoping is a true to form gnarly pheno or it will meet the axe LOL)
- Bhut Jolokia CPI (original release courtesy of Chris Phillips)
- Sonoran Chiltepin (wild landrace by narom8)
- Tamaulipas Chiltepin (landrace by Gary/windchicken)
- Chilito de Simojovel (landrace pequin from Peter/semillas)
- Forbing Naga (Red Nagabrain off-pheno by Gary/windchicken - see his thread)
- Madballz 7 2012 ('vintage' seeds by meatfreak, hope they will make it)
- Armageddon (originally from Vladan/Rainbow Chili Seeds, courtesy of Bjarne the BOC guy)

- Florida Wild Bird (OW)
- Bhut Jolokia OM (OW - from the dreaded italian OrtoMio brand, purchased as a live plant surprisingly true to form)

I may add or ditch something but the list will remain short this year :)
A special thanks to every THP brother that sent me seeds in the last years. I realized that it make no more sense to me to accumulate shitloads of them. Stock get old and loose viability sadly so i will probably make a list and gift to who's interested and have entire fields to dedicate...
I'll drop some pics later.

Thanks for reading

Datil

In bocca al lupo!

Hope you have a great season,mate. Nice to see Armageddon in there,that was a nice variety before this hobby went off the rails. I have not seen or talked to Vladan in probably 3 years.

Pr0digal_son said:
In bocca al lupo!

Hope you have a great season,mate. Nice to see Armageddon in there,that was a nice variety before this hobby went off the rails. I have not seen or talked to Vladan in probably 3 years.

Grazie John!

You're right, there was some serious work and motivation behind early hybrids, that's probably why it entered my list :)
Too bad Vladan is not sticking around anymore...

Be well

Fabrizio

mpicante said:
Very nice varieties.I wish you luck and success on your season.

Many thanks!

stickman said:
Hi Fabrizzio, Glad to see you back in the saddle again! Good luck with 2017, and we'll see ya around the campus... :thumbsup:

Hey Rick, thanks for joining my trip :) see ya around!

az1000 said:
Nice list,Bhuts are my favorites Chinense.
I like wilds too.
Good luck!

Thanks! The bhut/naga flavor profile is unique indeed and so is the chiltepin smokyness.
I find that those cope very well with mediterranean and eastern asian cooking style that i love both.

Datil

Found some extra minute before bed to take a couple pics :)

Here's my small setup in the basement:

The mini germination tray powerd by a 7w T5 (LOL):

The rest of the gang enjoyoing a more powerful indoor sun (2 x 55w PLL):

Some closeups :)

CPI Bhut

Sonoran Chiltepin

This one is already very special, fast growing for a tepin and the seedlings release a faint but wonderful scent (a very rare trait between capsicums).

Myanmar Naga

Yellow Bhut

Genetics on this one seem nice and healthy, let's hope is true to form.

Chilito de Simojovel

seems a slow grower, but let's see if it catch up.

In case you're wondering, the purple is caused by the mix of cold temps in the basement and intense light, the light dust on some leaves it's me moving lots of wood pellets in the basement LOL

Thanks for watching, see you at next update :)

Fabrizio - Datil

Datil said:
Thought it was about time to start my first ever glog here :)
I'm very lazy and too busy to update it properly but i'll do my best.
This year i'm making an extra effort to keep the list tight and grow what i really like taste-wise, just a couple 'experiments'.

Here's what i've sowed so far (some seedlings already up):

- Myanmar Naga (landrace Burmese Naga pheno courtesy of Grant/JungleRain)
- Bih Jolokia Improved Light Green (originally from Frontal Agritech, courtesy of Chris Phillips)
- Yellow Bhut (scored on THP i forgot from whom... hoping is a true to form gnarly pheno or it will meet the axe LOL)
- Bhut Jolokia CPI (original release courtesy of Chris Phillips)
- Sonoran Chiltepin (wild landrace by narom8)
- Tamaulipas Chiltepin (landrace by Gary/windchicken)
- Chilito de Simojovel (landrace pequin from Peter/semillas)
- Forbing Naga (Red Nagabrain off-pheno by Gary/windchicken - see his thread)
- Madballz 7 2012 ('vintage' seeds by meatfreak, hope they will make it)
- Armageddon (originally from Vladan/Rainbow Chili Seeds, courtesy of Bjarne the BOC guy)

- Florida Wild Bird (OW)
- Bhut Jolokia OM (OW - from the dreaded italian OrtoMio brand, purchased as a live plant surprisingly true to form)

I may add or ditch something but the list will remain short this year :)
A special thanks to every THP brother that sent me seeds in the last years. I realized that it make no more sense to me to accumulate shitloads of them. Stock get old and loose viability sadly so i will probably make a list and gift to who's interested and have entire fields to dedicate...
I'll drop some pics later.

Thanks for reading

Datil

I love this list!  Great selection.  You have good taste ;)

Back