• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gunaka's 2017 GrowLogs

Hi all
I am still new to growing peppers (this is my 1st ever season) and this forum. I come from Croatia (East Europe) and atm here is really cold winter (few weeks ago we had lot of snow).
Peppers will be in my house until April-May and then I will take them out when weather gets warmer.
From morning till dusk peppers are near window and they are absorbing natural light and during night they are under 2x18W T8 6500k fluo light.
Atm I have 28 plants (5 varieties):
  • Pimiento de Padron
  • Jalapeno
  • Jamaican Hot Chocolate
  • Bhut Jolokia
  • Moruga Scorpion Yellow

Here are few pictures of my light setup and plants:
Tell me what do you think. Feel free to give any tips if I am doing something wrong.

Date: 17. Feb. 2017

My improvized grow box.
1%20-%20g6EUpYk_zpswe4c3dam.jpg

2%20-%20VBehefP_zpsrml7pkxg.jpg

3%20-%200rIHlf9_zpsg4bthyjj.jpg

My plants:

Jalapeno
4%20-%20lY3Sjiq_zps92quwxzx.jpg

Pimiento se Padron

8%20-%20YhtJNvy_zpsnlzglmzl.jpg

JHC
6%20-%20IMBu1Ss_zps5rtjrr4i.jpg

Jolokia
5%20-%20NypsEJX_zpsf7ujxz61.jpg

Moruga Yellow

7%20-%20Rv2WR4F_zpsti5pgp7p.jpg

Today was warm sunny day so I took them outside.

JHC

JOLO

MORUGA

PADRON

Forgot to take picture of Jalapenos, but on first picture they are biggest ones.

They are growing fast. Some plants are really big (Jalapenos and Padrons)  and some are small (Hot ones) but dense so I need to lean my fluo light so all plants can be at same distance from light source.

Early May is when I am planning to put them outside.
The weather varies too much before May and sometimes in April frost appears in the morning which can kill my plants.

Few of my plants have some strange reddish color on 1 leaf while all all other leaves are fine. You guys know reason maybe ?

Here is photo of 1 leaf on my Moruga (no flash):

With Flash:

Jolokia:

My Padron is getting bigger and my question is should I leave or remove this parts marked with red arrow ?

Hey, gunaka! Your plants are looking great! The reddish, white, or silvery parts of your leaves appear to be sunburn.

In last 7 days it was very sunny outside so it could be that. But why only on few plants (and only leaf of two) if all of them were outside together ?

That's a very good question. I'm not quite sure. My plants do the same thing every year when I'm trying to harden them off (acclimate them to sunlight and other outside elements) and they get too much direct sunlight. It seems to affect the older growth the most. Maybe some strains are more tolerant.

Update:

Today I transplanted 10 peppers in larger container.  I ran out of space in my house so new location (over night) for my peppers will be in the freezer (which is currently not in use). Seems like a great idea :P . I overlaid the inside of freezer with aluminum foil and put styrofoam on the bottom.

Aji Lemon which I got free weeks ago:

Did some topping last week on my Pimiento De Padron and today it looks great. These are all second generation leaves:

Pic before transplantig

Inside freezer:

Padron started to form flower. I think I will remove it because all plants will go out permanently after 45 days. It's still cold outside.
What do you think ? Should I cut all flowers so plant can develop more on other parts?

Whole party inside freezer  :party:

Back