• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

mega pruning results

Wanted to see if my massive hydroponic plant could be moved into a pot and survive to approach the spring with the wisdom and experience of a veteran. Problem was massive roots in the reservoir and a lot of green growth. I lost about half the roots as I pulled the plant out of the reservoir and then pruned down to only the mainstems, and transplanted the beast into coco. Fed with hydro nutrients. I think experiment is successful!

NSemCA2.jpg

BkIgmdP.jpg

hHpYCPx.jpg

Vm8krgy.jpg

Your plant is looking great, bounced back just fine. I do the same kind of pruning if I bring a plant inside to overwinter. Yours will have a lot of healthy new growth and roots going back out in Spring. I like that stand you made over the hydro setup. What kind of light did you have over it?

Peter S said:
Your plant is looking great, bounced back just fine. I do the same kind of pruning if I bring a plant inside to overwinter. Yours will have a lot of healthy new growth and roots going back out in Spring. I like that stand you made over the hydro setup. What kind of light did you have over it?

Hi Peter, thanks for replying, your videos are inspiring and I enjoy watching them. Here's a video of my setup and light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRUFJCrL6E0

Back