wanted LOOKING FOR biquinho pepper

Hi,
I am new on this forum.
A couple of weeks ago I received a beautiful plate in a restaurant. It was decorated with very small sweet peppers. They were in size between a currant and a large blueberry and all had a cute tail. The waiter told be they were 'pequinos' or 'piquinos'. I scraped all the seeds in a sheet of paper my boyfriend had with him. And I felt so smart : those small seeds would certainly provide me with delicious fruits. I discovered their name on Internet : pimenta biquinho and I saved recipes for pickled biquinhos.
Hélas, unfortunately of all the seeds (40 or so) none of them germinated through the deno method.
I think the vinegar mixture killed them.
I have been looking for a long time online for shops. But all I can find are hot biquinho peppers. I want the sweet ones, without heat.
Does anybody here have some seeds? Would you like to sell them to me or trade with me? I live in Belgium.
I don't have an awful lot of pepper seeds but a large amount of tomato varieties (+60), some (water) melon varieties, physalis, cucamelon and several other cucumber varieties and other stuff ...

These are my pepper varieties. From most of them I only have a few seeds since they turned into plants :-)

My capsicum annuum sweet:
Sweet banana
Yolo wonder
Etkezesi pelso
Lipstick
Kaboutermutsenpaprika
Doe hill

Capsicum annuum hot:
Aji blanco cristal
Chinese five color
Cayenne

Chinense :
Numex suave orange

If not, I think I have them.I grew them 3 years ago.
Correction, I do have them. But they do have heat. very mild though and sweet like you said. They are the ones pictured in the post below yours. Biquiho Iracemo
This is where I got them from and he got them from Cmpman1974.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzX7UbCi4OY

Is this what you're looking for?

4e617651a5ba34dc4e0daaa3e007b3c3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks already for the responses. Friendly forum this is.
That's what they looked like indeed. All shops that I found who sell seeds say it has some heat to it. Some say 'mildly hot', others 'hot'.
But the ones I are were sweet (the vinegar /sugar mixture makes them sweeter) but no heat.

Edit: my first choice would be to buy/trade with somebody who grew them and had (almost) no heat peppers.

PM your address and I'll send them out.
I dont need any seed and they were a giveaway from Karl so I'll give them to you as well.

Funny coincidence. A few years ago, I had a similar restaurant experience. The water showed me a jar of "Sweetie Drops." It took some research, but yes, the pepper you're looking for is the biquinho, also known as chupetinho, and yes, there are both sweet and hot strains, and different colors. Having made that discovery, one of my breeding projects has been a yellow biquinho with no heat and excellent flavor. Hadn't planned on releasing it until the website goes live (which should be fairly soon), but I'd be happy to sort you out. PM incoming.

Back