piquillo de lodosa

MarcV said:
I would like to get some original Piquillo de Lodosa seeds. Anyone knows where I could find these?

floricole said:
I got some from Jim Duffy (as well as piment d'esplette) for this season. I haven't started them so I can't attest to germ rates or pepper quality but everything I've heard is Duffy has very good stuff.

It's not that I don't trust the seed sellers, but I would prefer to obtain seeds from original Spanish Piquillo chillies. I believe these chillies are available fresh on the Spanish market when they are in season (between September  and December). It would be nice if I could get some of those...

We need a THP member from Spain, or someone visiting Spain this autumn. Nice to get them from the source, just like you did with Piment D'Espelette. Good luck Marc!

It seems that the Spanish varieties are difficult to obtain. There are a few that are used to make Spanish Paprika that I'm interested in, but so far I've only had a couple of half promises that didn't amount to anything.

kentishman said:
We need a THP member from Spain, or someone visiting Spain this autumn. Nice to get them from the source, just like you did with Piment D'Espelette. Good luck Marc!

It seems that the Spanish varieties are difficult to obtain. There are a few that are used to make Spanish Paprika that I'm interested in, but so far I've only had a couple of half promises that didn't amount to anything.

You mean the pimentón de la vera? I'm still interested in those varieties also! :)

Back