• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sriracha Sauce

I cant find my original post, spent the last two days going over the posts but nothing so I dont recall what I used. Guessing Thai Chillies.
Fermented and then blitzed yesterday adding 2tbsp Psyllium to thicken.
Tastes great, nice and garlic, good heat.
P1100880_SrirachaSauce-1000_zpstepipppq.jpg

P1100874_SrirachaSauce-1000_zps2dpap22x.jpg

P1100546_SrirachaFerment-1000_zpsm0n1hya7.jpg

P1100453_Ferment-1000_zps7rvjc5qv.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Ive been using this sauce so much its draining fast so making some more, love this stuff.

9 cups filtered water
1/2 cup Kifir whey
1/2 cup ACV
2 tbsp Pink Salt
2 tbsp Org Sugar
1 tbsp Seasoning
130 gr dried Thai Peppers
1/2 bulb Garlic

Blitzed ingredients and cap and wait :)

Question for you, sir... When you say "Pink Salt"... are you talking about the Himalayan Salt, which is pink, or a curing salt that they add Sodium Nitrite to for curing meats, that they dye pink, so people don't confuse it with regular salt?  If the latter, that sounds like an awful lot!  If the former, that makes a lot more sense :-)   (New to making hot sauce, but have made cured meats, which is why I'm asking, because I HAVE some #1 and #2 Prague Powder curing salts, LOL).

Also, "ACV"?  Apple Cider VInegar? (Just checking!)

Looks GORGEOUS!

I was also wondering...

YES to acv. ;)

Interesting recipe df. Lookin good!

Im growing Thai Giant Orange this year just to make a Sriracha type sauce. it should have more zip that commercial rooster sauce but far less than birdseye or dragon chiles. Red Fresnos work well too but many times they are too mild.

Both your sauces have lovely color. Is there a difference in flavor between the two? Does the, I don't know how to say it, maybe richer or tangier taste of dried chilies come through to the sauce?

I want to try this, but can I convince myself to wait at least five months before opening the jar? Only one way to find out.

Back