• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Feb 27] What are you working on this week? Group activity log

I planted 4 tomato plants yesterday and I'm still waiting for my hot pepper seeds to sprout.  As soon as the nurseries get some Jalapeno's I will be plating them as well. I have several of my overwintered peppers out in the garden now most of those were Rocotto's and still have several bishops crowns that survived the winter outside so I'll see how they do this year. 

Awww man, I just counted up how many pots of pepper plants I'll be dealing with this summer. It's not good and gets worse every day. I put more seeds into sprout yesterday just in case some of the helmets didn't fall off. They did. So, it looks like I go from my six pots of oldsters to 35 as of the recent count. I'm a sick man.

I should have mentioned this last week, but I honestly didn't work on it much then. I volunteered to help administer the 2017 Speedo One-hour ePostal National Championships - how far can you swim in one continuous hour? Basically, I check all of the entries for obvious errors in their splits and such, and email those with issues so they get corrected before the deadline. It's anticipated that this year will have the highest number of entries, about 3,000. The competition opened January 1, but since the swims must be completed by 2/28, we've been flooded with last-minute entries this week - to be expected! Relay entries will start coming in after the close of the individual entries. I've really enjoyed working on this. It's really good to see people in their 80's and 90's, and also those with physical or mental disabilities participate. One of the best types of entries I like to see, though, are for people who only very recently learned to swim as adults. What total guts it must take to take the plunge for an entire hour for them!

And, of course, regular client work. Nice that this is a billing week!

The usual workout routine should have no interruptions this week.

Seeds.... It will be March 1 in just a couple more days so seeds will get an h2o2 bath very soon. Looking forward to it!

I have my Pineapple rocotto and Aji lemon ferment that is at its 100 day mark. may process that tomorrow......need a haircut as well...that may happen......or I will wake up tomorrow and rethink my whole day.

Transplant the latecomers,  and if other appears next week

I think I'll look like this at the end of the summer  :confused:
do4fjLs.png

We visited the parents last weekend, so I gave everyone more water than usual...  I'm keeping a keen eye for damping off with the fan on high.  Topping everyone that didn't get a haircut last week.  Trying to catch up on glogs.  

I put 22 sprouts into solo cups and started another 16 types of seeds to cover the ones that didn't sprout and a few others I will find space for should they make it to plant out in 3 months.  

Researched some more for the TD.  Finished 22 pages for a new book I'm writing.  Found a bottle of root, thinking about what drinks to use it in.

SmokenFire said:
Found a bottle of root, thinking about what drinks to use it in.

Maybe in a frozen lemonade cocktail

I have some sprouts that I need to move into some solo cups from the paper towels that I germinated them in.  I'm growing one of FB's Serrano crosses and one of his bubblegum's as well. This will be year number 9 that I've been growing yellow 7 pods and bhuts.  It really is incredible how time has flown.   

This is going to be a very busy week work-wise since I was gone for two weeks now instead of one.  Last week the crew shut off water to 160 delinquent accounts.  Luckily I missed out on that fiasco.  We're charging hard trying to replace 900 water meters by the end of June.  There are also a few watermain replacement jobs in the mix as well that should happen by the end of the fiscal year.  Were also in the midst of drawing water from another source via a massive pipeline that is currently being built from an upgraded treatment plant.  Should be fun. 

I need to get out and golf too.  There will be plenty of beer flowing later this week. 

Trotting off to the store for some wettable sulfur, because the Forest Ocean I put my seedlings into this year obviously came with a healthy dose of broad mites.  :(  (The one problem with starting early in a grow tent is that every plant pretty much immediately gets whatever any one plant has.)  Shouldn't set me back much, though.  I've already got flowers coming in on the Fatalii, Primos, and BBG-7's and I can't even pot them up from the solo cups until it gets warmer out.

D3monic said:
Just got some orange thai to sprout, still waiting on blue christmas. May have to do the paper towel method like I did with orange thai.

Started a "diet" and working out this week. 227 down to 222 lbs. Will se what i'm at tomorrow. 

If you want to succeed long-term and you're currently checking your weight more than once a week, stop doing that.  Pick one day.  That day is weigh and measure day each week, first thing when you get up.  (Because you should be logging measurements, too.)  Good luck and stick with it.  If you've been mostly sedentary, you're going to be gaining muscle while you lose fat at first and it won't necessarily look like you're going the right direction at all times.  Obsessing over how much you have or haven't lost short-term is a recipe for staying chunky long-term.  Cheers.

Back