New grower in Ct

Hello, I just recently got into growing hot peppers and would like to learn all that I can to be productive at it, any advice would be appreciated. Here is some of what I have started.
28da293441420fc566f343f7c0d412ce.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome from the UK .... wishing you all the best for this season ... your off to a good start seedlings just need a drink as your medium looks very dry

Trident chilli said:
Hello and welcome from the UK .... wishing you all the best for this season ... your off to a good start seedlings just need a drink as your medium looks very dry
Thank you. I have been watering with a spray bottle, but think I am going to get a watering can

mikeyd1016 said:
Thank you. I have been watering with a spray bottle, but think I am going to get a watering can

No not a watering can .... spray bottle is good you just need the medium to be wet not soaked .. a watering can will flood the pockets and could possibly damage the seedling

Trident chilli said:
No not a watering can .... spray bottle is good you just need the medium to be wet not soaked .. a watering can will flood the pockets and could possibly damage the seedling
Thanks. I went out and got a better spray bottle. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

No problem, man. You'll be fine. One bit of advice; don't overthink it, and let the plants "do their thing." Nothing will kill a chile plant quicker than too much grower attention! Often, new growers start forcing "remedies" (nutrients, soil additives, water, etc.) at their plants at the first sign of stress, causing more problems in the long run. If you think you have a problem, PROPERLY diagnose it first before you throw everything in the book at it.

Most of all, be patient and have fun!

MikeUSMC said:
No problem, man. You'll be fine. One bit of advice; don't overthink it, and let the plants "do their thing." Nothing will kill a chile plant quicker than too much grower attention! Often, new growers start forcing "remedies" (nutrients, soil additives, water, etc.) at their plants at the first sign of stress, causing more problems in the long run. If you think you have a problem, PROPERLY diagnose it first before you throw everything in the book at it.

Most of all, be patient and have fun!
THIS^^^
Plants have been here for 700 million years... They kinda know what they're doing! haha. 

Hi and welcome from western Massachusetts. :welcome:

+1 on #17. It's easy to kill your plants with too much kindness... just like infants, ya gotta start small and take it slow. Cheers!

Back