seed-train ALL ABOARD THE AUSSIE SEED TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right - we have an Australian seed train! Well, almost.

If you wanna join in the fun - don't hesitate and let me know now! You don't need to provide your details (yet). We will organise all that later...
Must be from Australia, not international. However, if we get more then 5 Kiwis interested, we can send the train over to New Zealand as well! I will update this post with all the details and rules once we have a definite go-ahead.

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
//:UPDATE://
So the route is taking shape, so far it is

1) Shorerider
2) Me (Thatblondguy101)
3)???

(Possible reconsideration of route underway, stay tuned...)

PM me if you want to jump into the route, you don't need to give me your address at this stage.

Also, in this seed train we will have a *Mystery Bag* which will contain a mystery mix of seeds - who knows what you will end up growing? Everyone in the train has to take a few seeds from the bag, and everyone is welcome to add to it.

I will update this with the rules at a later stage, and update the route as it forms, so stay posted!

An Australian seed train is long overdue, I'm glad it's finally happening. :metal:

I'll be kicking things off with 20-30 varieties (maybe more) of my own seeds. I'll be sending these to TBG, and from there, perhaps in order of members who have shown their interest by posting here.

This is a great opportunity to boost your collection with some very hard to get varieties from all over the world. 

SR.

Shorerider said:
An Australian seed train is long overdue, I'm glad it's finally happening. :metal:

I'll be kicking things off with 20-30 varieties (maybe more) of my own seeds. I'll be sending these to TBG, and from there, perhaps in order of members who have shown their interest by posting here.

This is a great opportunity to boost your collection with some very hard to get varieties from all over the world. 

SR.
Sounds like a plan, I'd say we get it rolling in a couple of weeks time.

---UPDATE---

I've been thinking...
Maybe it would be a better idea to plot out the route so that the train travels the minimum distance between stops, rather than going back and forth across the country? It would make postage easier is my cause of thinking, what are your guy's thoughts?

RaelThomas said:
+1 TBG, it definitely should be in order or locale. Everyone should probably sounds off with their location.

Ocean Grove, VIC 3226

Essentially, it's a lot of seeds sent continuously around the participants. You add to the train what you can, and you can take some that you want to grow. :)

Sounds like a plan, and yeah, that's what a seed train is for those who aren't sure.

Sev said:
Sign me up - still think seeds should be done over beers in a dodgy pub so it looks wrong :D  :onfire:

I'm not going to tell you how to transfer the seeds between you and the next person, just so long as it is done.At the moment, you and Sev are looking like there will be a handover between the two of you....

I've started putting together some seeds, I have 15-20 varieties so far, but I'll be able to add more with this seasons pods.

I may hold off a week or two before sending them out, so that I can add fresh seeds that I have low stocks of.

As most Aussie's won't be starting seeds until June/July, it may be a good idea to start collecting seeds now, from pods as they ripen so that when the train rolls around, you can contribute a greater amount and variety.

SR.

I've started putting together some seeds, I have 15-20 varieties so far, but I'll be able to add more with this seasons pods.

I may hold off a week or two before sending them out, so that I can add fresh seeds that I have low stocks of.

As most Aussie's won't be starting seeds until June/July, it may be a good idea to start collecting seeds now, from pods as they ripen so that when the train rolls around, you can contribute a greater amount and variety.

SR.
I'll be jumping on board, but was holding off the same as you SR, just need a bit more time as this seasons Pods are 3/4 ripe then I will also be able to contribute a greater variety of seeds.

What are other participants thoughts on holding off just a bit?

Hotrod64 said:
But we dont have any dodgy pubs in S.A
Bullsh!te, you just don't know it. XD :)

-------------------------------------------------------------
/////While I'm posting, a quick update...../////

Looks like we will be doing the route geographically, that is, sending the parcel the minimum distances between stops. We will still start with Shorerider, and I will calculate the best possible route for all concerned from there on. If anyone new decides to join, I'll throw them in the best spot.
So let me know, either by PM or this thread, your town. (Don't need your address just yet)

Also, I think that it is an excellent idea to delay the train for a few weeks, for several reasons. As mentioned by Shorerider and Hotrod, it gives us all time to get seeds ready. It also gives me time to organise the route and other things of the train that need taking care of. It also allows more time for more people to join in before D-Day.

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PART, NOW IS THE TIME TO LET US KNOW! 
Even if you need to wait a bit before you are ready! We can't plan the route with you in it if we don't know that you are interested!
If you have any questions concerning the train, please ask them! We would like as much people as possible to join in the train, the more the merrier!

And thats about all for now. I'll update the main post with this info (and more) when it lets me edit it. 

Until then, 

-TBG-

Back