• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Big thank you to Blitz527!

Just received a seed packet Blitz527 sent me without asking for anything in return.

I was planning on only doing 3 varieties this year and about a dozen plants but thanks to him I'm now doing 4 additional and planning on about two dozen plants.

I already have the seeds presoaking and getting ready to germinate. Looks like I'll be heading to the nursery to pick up some more supplies tomorrow!

Once again thanks much, I'll be paying it forward to other members! [emoji106] [emoji271]

c1c2b87c8a2603bd3f653c0472aacc73.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

In keeping with the irony of the handle "HostileBuddha," this is going to start off sounding like a rant, but it isn't.

There are plenty of people in this world who want something for nothing. Drives me nuts.

There are also people in this world who want to give something for nothing.

And there are people who take a moment to put a little gratitude in their attitude when they receive something for nothing. These are very often the same people who commit what many call "random acts of kindness." If your thinking is straight, "random acts of gratitude" is probably more accurate.

I owe the universe a lot. As a small token offering, I would like to invite both HostileBuddha and Blitz527 to email me at mike@wickedmikes.com. I'm sitting on something like 1,600 varieties (and that's just the peppers), and I'd like to talk to you both in order to cherrypick 20 seed packs for each of you.

Welcome to the community.

WickedMike, That is very kind of you. I would be very greatful  to start a few new varieties. I am sure you have some that I have never even heard of. I will e-mail you shortly. Once again, Thank you. And to everyone who has gotten and is awaiting their seeds from me, I am VERY excited to see what you produce.

ronaldo_fanbelt said:
Pepper people are still the best. If it wasn't for this forum's awesome members, I'd still be growing habs and jalapenos.

HEY, Whats that supposed to mean?? Im growing Habs this year...... Chocolate Habs, Pumpking habs and my reds HAHAHA j/p I know what you mean. I joined this forum about a month ago, I believe, Everyone I encounter is great. Its cool to have such a common interest here. Nothing I have seen is negative. Everything I see is positive criticism or suggestions. Problem solving and compliments. Its an amazing place to be. I thank everyone for the warm welcome and I wish everyone a happy growing season. Lets make it EPIC :)

Hey guys! I'm brand new here, but Blitz sent me a package of seeds as well. Must say thank you so much, will be seeding a few varieties and saving some for later. That being said, come harvest I'll be giving away seeds from everything I grow. Yall take care, and thank you again for your generosity. You never know how it affects those you send seeds to, and this was the perfect act of kindness at just the right time. Thanks again, dude!!

Wicked Mike said:
In keeping with the irony of the handle "HostileBuddha," this is going to start off sounding like a rant, but it isn't.

There are plenty of people in this world who want something for nothing. Drives me nuts.

And there are people who take a moment to put a little gratitude in their attitude when they receive something for nothing. These are very often the same people who commit what many call "random acts of kindness." If your thinking is straight, "random acts of gratitude" is probably more accurate.

I owe the universe a lot. As a small token offering, I would like to invite both HostileBuddha and Blitz527 to email me at mike@wickedmikes.com. I'm sitting on something like 1,600 varieties (and that's just the peppers), and I'd like to talk to you both in order to cherrypick 20 seed packs for each of you.

Mike, this is super generous!

You're right about too many people just wanting a free lunch, but I was telling my wife that this community gives me hope that humans can still be altruistic without ulterior motives. I owe the universe alot as well and like I told Blitz I will be paying all of this forward. I'll send you an email shortly and thanks again!

My wife is not going to like this community lol, I started off with a small grow and now it's looking like it's going to be 3 dozen [emoji23].

HostileBuddha said:
Mike, this is super generous!

You're right about too many people just wanting a free lunch, but I was telling my wife that this community gives me hope that humans can still be altruistic without ulterior motives. I owe the universe alot as well and like I told Blitz I will be paying all of this forward. I'll send you an email shortly and thanks again!

My wife is not going to like this community lol, I started off with a small grow and now it's looking like it's going to be 3 dozen [emoji23].

My wife was sick of the plants before I joined here lol. I have about 100 pepper plants not including our tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, sweet peppers and such. But she thinks I am out of my mind with all of these hots. And I have a few more that hopefully pop any day now. Which include my lemon drops, choc. Habs, Peter peppers (grown more for fun than wating but who knows maybe they are good) 7 pot brain and my Bertha sweets. I may need to invest in a new house to support my gardening habit HAHAHAHA

Wicked Mike said:

Very cool of ya , Mike !     

Just wanted to thank WickedMike publicly, I just got his "pay it forward" seed pack. His generosity​ is amazing. I was so excited I was up at midnight starting the seeds! Thanks again Mike, I'll make sure to return the favor.

HostileBuddha said:
Just wanted to thank WickedMike publicly, I just got his "pay it forward" seed pack. His generosity​ is amazing. I was so excited I was up at midnight starting the seeds! Thanks again Mike, I'll make sure to return the favor.

It was one hell of a sweet package. Like Christmas in March LOL

What varieties came in your pack? I was extremely happy with the assortment, all different heat levels and a few that are for the wife and kids. Some cool cucumbers, id have to look but i think ground cherries and cantaloupe. Definitely a fine package from a very nice person. All the more to send out next year :) I cant wait. Thank you to everyone for the appreciation, the interest and even more, the welcome to this great community. Many years of very hopeful growing to all of you.

Blitz527 said:
What varieties came in your pack? I was extremely happy with the assortment, all different heat levels and a few that are for the wife and kids. Some cool cucumbers, id have to look but i think ground cherries and cantaloupe. Definitely a fine package from a very nice person. All the more to send out next year :) I cant wait. Thank you to everyone for the appreciation, the interest and even more, the welcome to this great community. Many years of very hopeful growing to all of you.
So many it's hard to list! I did snap a picture though. A few super rare wild strains, my chili garden is going to be very badass this year.
59521f0f7ff6ee47a019722a8646db89.jpg

Back