• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Pepper Infused Oil

Took my fancy empty booze bottle and rinsed it out and let dry over night........added some Chocolate Ghosts,Peach Ghosts and a Reaper....along with a couple sprigs of Rosemary.....all of which were dried in the dehydrator to insure that no moisture was left.

I had some EVOO which I did not warm....I always do a cold infusion.....I placed the bottle in a cool,dark place and let it sit at least 3 weeks....I do not like to refrigerate olive oil but I do keep it very cool....this oil does not last very long around here.....I drizzle and cook with it quite often.

hot oil 2017.JPG

stickman said:
Perfect that you dry the pods and herbs before making the infusion. I like how infusing the peppers in oil "unlocks" their flavor by thinning the capsaicin out to bearable levels so it doesn't mask the taste. Kinda like how adding water to whiskey brings out the flavor of the grain.

Love this oil drizzled over pasta of any kind.....just the right kick.....and is not overpowering.

MikeUSMC said:
Ummmmm.........you're "doing whiskey" wrong :)

Not if I want to taste anything besides alcohol, and in the case of the smokier Scotches, Iodine as well. ;)  "Bourbon and Branch(water)" is an old standby here in the States, and in the UK they have a pitcher of water at the end of the bar for the folks as order a gill of whiskey and they look at you funny if you ask for ice. :)

stickman said:

Not if I want to taste anything besides alcohol, and in the case of the smokier Scotches, Iodine as well. ;)  "Bourbon and Branch(water)" is an old standby here in the States, and in the UK they have a pitcher of water at the end of the bar for the folks as order a gill of whiskey and they look at you funny if you ask for ice. :)

interesting just saw something were vodka is better when you bite into raw onion. Any thoughts?

Back