•  

The 10th Annual Hot Pepper Awards Winners Announced!

Photo

MikeUSMC's Whiskey Barrel Smoker

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Hot

• Extreme
  • 729 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

Got access to a couple more pics from a couple months ago

Swineapple Kebabs
(Dry rubbed) Cubed pork tenderloin and a chunk of pineapple, wrapped in bacon, smoked over apple wood
IMG_4628.JPG
IMG_4629.JPG

Absolutely delicious, but they freakin' fell apart when trying to eat them. If you have the time, I'd suggest using individual toothpicks vs. long skewers. It might be more time consuming, but less messy to try to pick up and eat in the long run.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 oldsalty

oldsalty

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,990 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

Got access to a couple more pics from a couple months ago

Swineapple Kebabs
(Dry rubbed) Cubed pork tenderloin and a chunk of pineapple, wrapped in bacon, smoked over apple wood
attachicon.gifIMG_4628.JPG
attachicon.gifIMG_4629.JPG

Absolutely delicious, but they freakin' fell apart when trying to eat them. If you have the time, I'd suggest using individual toothpicks vs. long skewers. It might be more time consuming, but less messy to try to pick up and eat in the long run.

DAMN MIKE those look Killer What temp and how long ya 'll cook those brother. A little splash of your BAJAN PEPPER SAUCE would be perfect with those little packets of pork :)  

The meek shall inherit the earth but the brave shall inherit the sea.

#43 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Hot

• Extreme
  • 729 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

DAMN MIKE those look Killer What temp and how long ya 'll cook those brother

Thanks, Old Salty! Yeah, they're tasty! Going from memory, I think I put those on while I was cooking a pork shoulder too. If I had to guess, I'd say I did them at 225-250*, and probably no longer than 2 hours. I just remember sticking a temp probe into the biggest chunk until it hit 160-165ish. The prep work took about as long as the cook :rofl:

A little splash of your BAJAN PEPPER SAUCE would be perfect with those little packets of pork :)  

Now you're speakin' my language ;) Sounds like you enjoyed it, brother! I'm glad! I've gotta get another batch of that sauce going soon :cheers:

Edited by MikeUSMC, 11 July 2017 - 09:50 PM.

GIVE WAR A CHANCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests