• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Question please

A couple years ago (September 2015) I made a ghost pepper puree with some galic. I don't think I used vinegar. I did cook it and it has been in the fridge ever sense. Is that still good? Has it or will it go bad. It is way to hot and I thought that id make something less out with it rather than throw it out. I've never really used it. Should I just chuck it or is it still ok?

I'd check the pH first. Two years and not growing yet? Maybe your memory is failing, like the rest of us lol.

do you remember if you used AlabamaJack's recipe for chile puree?  Or just wing it????  Even in the fridge, we all know that if it's gonna go bad...after 2 years you'll know it.  Maybe you did add a bit of somethign.  Did you post it in a thread?  Maybe you could find the post and it'll tell ya.  It could also be that the jar was way at the back right under the cold air and might of been basically frozen for 2 years.  My fridge has that 'sweet spot' where things get frozen.

:shrug:

It's
toast.png

Yes, ​ I agree,​  if in doubt, pitch it out.....

BUT......maybe he can find more info that he may not remember!

HEY!  Did you get that, Boss????  I AGREED with you on something!!!  :lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
Right? if you want it to freeze, there's a special compartment called a "freezer" in most models. :rofl:

Well mine must be super-special since I get extra freezing on the top shelf right at the back.

If there isn't any acid in it, then yea, pitch it.  I'm just hoping maybe Rymerpt can figure out how it was made, maybe had a post somewhere, maybe it might be good. 

At the end of the day, if in doubt, don't risk it.  Doesn't sound like it's a large amount, so be safe.

actually, based on the topic name....."question please"....

we should all be posting QUESTIONS-

Here's my questions-
What is the meaning of Life?
How do I bypass a capacitor when wired in series?
Why do the heat vents in my SUV not work?

:lol:  Don't mind me, Rymer~,  just having a bit of fun.  It's been a rough week and I'm enjoying a bit of levity. 

SL

Back