• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Looking for cucumber seeds

I hope to grow a couple of cucumber plants indoors this winter and one of the most recommended types is called Tosca 70. Self-pollinating, disease resistant, will grow in cooler temps, vines aree manageable in size. But, I cannot find these seeds on line. Supposedly, they are available in Holland.

Does anyone have access to these seeds? If so, I'll happily pay for them.

Mike

I've never heard of the Tosca 70 but I'd try a container/patio type cucumber like spacemaster or patio pickle if you're growing indoors.

Lemon cucumber is fantastic..Ive grow out this year and they have been great..As for indoor growth a friend of mine but his in a Wilma Hydro System in his greenhouse and hes had tons of Cu`s :)

I found a few cukes that are suitable from growing indoors and are self-pollinating (all-femals flowers) but they are not cheap - $1.50 per seed and usually only 4-5 seeds per pack. That doesn't include shipping which amounts to another dollar per seed. Thompson-Morgan seems to be the only company that sells them, though there are resellers.

Then I found Reimers. I know, many people here don't like them, but they offered three nice greenhouse types at a decent price. Time will tell. I ordered Holland Hothouse, Diva and Tasty Jade.

They will go into a hydro unit and grow on support wires. If they grow as they should, I could have fresh cucumbers for Thanksgiving.

Mike

Back