• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing Habaneros Red/Chocolate/white/orange need Help

Hi evryone im growing those this year they already germinated what i want to know whats the best nutriens for habanero peppers and fertilizer . If someone can help my plants would apreciate it TY :dance:  :onfire:

Hello meiger !  ,  how old are your plants ?  me , i would keep it simple if i was you , don't know whats available to you , but if your gonna put them in a garden , i'd just use good ol' horse poo thats aged .      :party:

I've been growing red/chocolate/orange habs for a couple years now. They are pretty sturdy plants compared to other chinense and quite forgiving if you forget to water or fertilize them. A simple balanced fertilizer if you can get it works fine. An N-P-K ratio of 8-8-8 will keep them happy. A larger P number will get you more fruit.
Many of us on the forum like to use organic fertilizers but I have no idea whats available to you so it's hard to recommend specific types.
If you have a mulch pile or have access to well composted mulch that works great. As MW says, horse poo is good. So is rabbit and goat or sheep. Chicken manure is great but you have to let it sit for a couple of months before using it or it will burn your plants.

Hope this helps

moruga welder said:
Hello meiger !  ,  how old are your plants ?  me , i would keep it simple if i was you , don't know whats available to you , but if your gonna put them in a garden , i'd just use good ol' horse poo thats aged .      :party:

yes i have a garden but its to cold outside right now  any idea of the NPK  of the horse poo?

MH42qA6.jpg

Btw ty For the info

well i will try to get some poo :D or buy some nutriens with npk888 :D ty alot guyz for the help :onfire:  :dance:  Happy Growing

Hawaiianero said:
A larger P number will get you more fruit.

Not to be rude, but this is simply not true.
You cannot influence the production of fruit by overdosing P.  The theoretical optimal uptake ratio is 3-1-2 - but you won't get any more or less fruit with that or a balanced fertilizer, given that all other factors are equal.  The plant uptakes at the same rate, regardless of how much of any given nutrient is present.
This is a myth, and marketing BS.  
Out of whack fertilizers are wasteful, and needlessly consume resources.  

@solid7

Good to know will try both nutriens to see wich does better ,btw  N-P-K ratio of 8-8-8  if i diluate more the solution can i reach 3-1-2 or im wrong?

meiger said:
@solid7

Good to know will try both nutriens to see wich does better ,btw  N-P-K ratio of 8-8-8  if i diluate more the solution can i reach 3-1-2 or im wrong?

You can't dilute 8-8-8 to 3-1-2.  You could cut it in half, to 4-4-4, and use more often.  If you're a new grower, it's best to start slow, and let the plant tell you what it needs. (for seedlings getting the first feeding, even better to cut it down to a 1-1-1 dilution for a week or so, and go up slowly)
While 3-1-2 is considered the "target" for plant uptake, it's not always easy to find this formulation, or to find it in a cost effective offering.  Just get as close to that number as you can, don't waste money on "veg" and "bloom" formulations.  You don't need any strange number formulations.  What you have is probably just fine. 
By the way, horse manure typically runs close to .7-.3-.6, which is damn close to that 3-1-2 ratio.  But it needs to be well aged to use as a fertilizer, or you'll be robbing nitrogen. (because there is typically a lot of sawdust or wood chips in horse bedding, which is discarded with the manure)

solid7 said:

Not to be rude, but this is simply not true.
You cannot influence the production of fruit by overdosing P.  The theoretical optimal uptake ratio is 3-1-2 - but you won't get any more or less fruit with that or a balanced fertilizer, given that all other factors are equal.  The plant uptakes at the same rate, regardless of how much of any given nutrient is present.
This is a myth, and marketing BS.  
Out of whack fertilizers are wasteful, and needlessly consume resources.  

We could go back and forth on this subject all day long and still not agree 100%. It's simply a difference of opinion with no animosity either way.
Your last sentence I believe is completely true, especially when talking about all that crap targeted to cannabis growers.
(Beastie Bloomz @ 0-50-30 had me rolling on the floor. It's real and people do buy it) :crazy: :high:

On the other hand, once the plants mature you can add something like bat guano which is typically 0-5-0 or something close to that. There are other additives that can help also.
In any case I don't think I'm wrong but neither are you.  

Hawaiianero said:

We could go back and forth on this subject all day long and still not agree 100%. It's simply a difference of opinion with no animosity either way.
Your last sentence I believe is completely true, especially when talking about all that crap targeted to cannabis growers.
(Beastie Bloomz @ 0-50-30 had me rolling on the floor. It's real and people do buy it) :crazy: :high:

On the other hand, once the plants mature you can add something like bat guano which is typically 0-5-0 or something close to that. There are other additives that can help also.
In any case I don't think I'm wrong but neither are you.  

Yes, weed growers are responsible for stupid marketing.  No question.
And I don't want it to be a bone of contention either - but it's not an opinion on the NPK plant science.  I understand that many people, for many reasons, believe in dosing in intervals, but the plant only takes what it needs, no matter how much you give it.   If there were a good reason to add extra - like something preventing availability, then yes.  Only a soil test can tell you that.  A plant will uptake the same ratios, right up to the point of toxicity.
When you are talking about organic additives, I pretty much drop out of the conversation.  Not because I disagree, but because, as you say, there are other things that are beneficial.  I use organic amendments that have a guaranteed analysis of specific macro nutrients, but don't even consider them, since what I'm really after are trace elements, or plant specific hormones.  And of course, who ever heard of nutrient toxicity from organic amendments?
Like you said, no animosity.  

Back