• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What next for my DWC? Getting overgrown.

Hey guys, so I think I've outgrown my DWC in its current state. and before I have to thin out the plants  to reduce the numbers

Some of the plants are falling over and getting pretty big. Here's a pic of them from last night.
dg00fp.jpg

My question is that are there any methods that I can use to keep these guys standing and not from growing any higher? Does the mesh over the top stop them from growing like it does with the happy plants :high:  that some people grown in DWC?

And if anyone has any pictures of how they have kept their plants upright that would be great also :P

moruga welder said:
you can top em'

Yeah? wont that just make them grow outwards and get even more crowded? I was going to do that but I thought that they may just get even fatter and suffocate the others.

I could, but I am super tight for money this year with a wedding on the horizon so I was thinking of just planting a few in pots and leaving maybe 4. Just seeing if anyone had any tricks to keep them the same size and also letting them fruit :/

LocalFart said:
I could, but I am super tight for money this year with a wedding on the horizon so I was thinking of just planting a few in pots and leaving maybe 4. Just seeing if anyone had any tricks to keep them the same size and also letting them fruit :/

You're really deciding between your wedding and pepper grow space?
:) Just kidding - congratulations!

LocalFart said:

Yeah? wont that just make them grow outwards and get even more crowded? I was going to do that but I thought that they may just get even fatter and suffocate the others.

It will but you can just trim the growth that isn't heading upwards

I've taken the taller of the plants out today and put them in pots.

Hoping that now that they have a little room that they decide to grow out not up :P But I will try sculpting them to fit. But definately think I need to expand this next year.

ako1974 said:

You're really deciding between your wedding and pepper grow space?
:) Just kidding - congratulations!

Thanks mate :) but yeah I guess I'll have to put the expansion plans on the back burner :P but then again she puts up with me growing so I can't complain  :lol:

Back