• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Aji Lemon Drop Seeds At Walmart?

I saw this today and had to take a pic.

9umQNhg.jpg

I didn't know they were a Burpee heirloom...and available at Walmart. Interesting.

mikeyd1016 said:
I think those are the ones I have planted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
You planted some from a Burpee packet like that? I'm curious to see how they turn out...if there's a difference between seeds people get from the country of origin and Burpee packet seeds.

Bhuter said:
You planted some from a Burpee packet like that? I'm curious to see how they turn out...if there's a difference between seeds people get from the country of origin and Burpee packet seeds.
I have that kind. I will have to check if they are burpee.

mikeyd1016 said:
I have that kind. I will have to check if they are burpee.

Those are the ones I have. I will take a pic of it tomorrow.

alkhall said:

Me too. I grew mine out in a small pot with the intent on the plant growing just big enough to get a handful of pods to see if I liked them. I got a lot more than expected. I gave two plants of it away that were grown in regular gardens and they produced like crazy!  I still have my plant from last year, and have an Aji Lemon from Refining Fire Chilies growing this year to compare it to the Burpee version.

IIRC, I contacted Burpee about this pepper, they said it was an annuum, not a baccatum.

Psychographic said:

Me too. I grew mine out in a small pot with the intent on the plant growing just big enough to get a handful of pods to see if I liked them. I got a lot more than expected. I gave two plants of it away that were grown in regular gardens and they produced like crazy!  I still have my plant from last year, and have an Aji Lemon for Refining Fire Chilies growing this year to compare it to the Burpee version.

IIRC, I contacted Burpee about this pepper, they said it was an annuum, not a baccatum.

Wow! That's a fantastic experience with this variety. I'm glad you're doing a comparison grow this year. I'm curious to see the results. Really? They say Anuum? Im guessing yours grew as a Baccatum with yellow-stained flowers...as they should be. Here's a quote from Burpee's site.

"This pepper from the markets of Ecuador ripens to a pure lemon yellow in about 80 days, but it is delightfully flavorful when green. The skin is tender and the aroma is spicy, with a hint of pine woods. As hot as any cayenne but with a truly unique flavor. Best used fresh, but it's sensational in sauces too. The fruits are narrow, 3-4" long and distinctively wrinkled."

No mention of Species, but here's the page:

http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/peppers/pepper-hot-lemon-prod000812.html

Thanks, Psychographic!

mikeyd1016 said:
Those are the ones I have. I will take a pic of it tomorrow.

8dd3e18e5c8a4860ee8746703339055e.jpg

2eb1d05d9269cc600c095f4e3add7776.jpg

Obviously no flowers yet, but they seem to be growing well.

it's funny, i just saw those packets at the Home Depot today! I thought it was kinda interesting; didn't expect to see that variety under those circumstances.

Didn't buy'm though....

Back