• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first pepper glog

What do you guys think of this for growing in 5 gallon and 25 gallon buckets outside?

54% Coco Coir
27% Perlite
14% Manure
5% Worm Castings

2ngtmdi.jpg

Just potted them up today. This year I cheated and didn't start from seed but testing out a new mix. Thoughts on what I've done.

Thanks!

I think I'll top them and give them a haircut next Sunday after they settle into their new 1.75 gallon pots.
If they take to the mix I'll move them to the 5 and 25 gallon buckets.
Now time to plan how I'm going to furtilize them going forward.

silverteuk1028 said:
Thanks!

I think I'll top them and give them a haircut next Sunday after they settle into their new 1.75 gallon pots.
If they take to the mix I'll move them to the 5 and 25 gallon buckets.
Now time to plan how I'm going to furtilize them going forward.

Id suggest going through some of the glogs here, Great information. A little time consuming because you end up getting wrapped up in them and next thing you know, your hip deep into 50 different logs and want to keep tabs on every single one HAHAHAHA but definitely take a look at some and get some ideas. If you are still unsure, just ask and someone (meaning a shit ton of folks) will give you suggestions. For example, I have been using 2 tbsp epsom salt in a gallon of water every other week and then MG alternating weeks after that, This week I started using fish ferts just to see how that helps and I got that idea from PaulG. (I heavily suggest looking into his log, along with Stickman, U)now, OCD Chilihead, just to name a few) This place is a FOUNTAIN of information

Blitz527 said:

Id suggest going through some of the glogs here, Great information. A little time consuming because you end up getting wrapped up in them and next thing you know, your hip deep into 50 different logs and want to keep tabs on every single one HAHAHAHA but definitely take a look at some and get some ideas. If you are still unsure, just ask and someone (meaning a shit ton of folks) will give you suggestions. For example, I have been using 2 tbsp epsom salt in a gallon of water every other week and then MG alternating weeks after that, This week I started using fish ferts just to see how that helps and I got that idea from PaulG. (I heavily suggest looking into his log, along with Stickman, U)now, OCD Chilihead, just to name a few) This place is a FOUNTAIN of information
Yeah I've been trying to look at other glogs to see if anyone is using coco coir to get ideas for fertilizers. I've been reading the glogs on here since I joined over 2 years ago. Learned a lot and got confused a lot haha. I started from seed my first head and did great but life set be back this year thus taking a short cut this year.

silverteuk1028 said:
Yeah I've been trying to look at other glogs to see if anyone is using coco coir to get ideas for fertilizers. I've been reading the glogs on here since I joined over 2 years ago. Learned a lot and got confused a lot haha. I started from seed my first head and did great but life set be back this year thus taking a short cut this year.
I would suggest checking out Blister's glog. He works wonders with coir.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63498-blisters-2017-led-coco-grow/?hl=+blister%20+coco

-Adam

I am taking this year off from growing from seed, (will buy some plants in May) but have had excellent results by adding worm castings into soil.

Best of luck and keep the pictures coming :)

Here is an update. Moved everything to its new home! Just layer down some fresh mulch on the ground and elevated all the buckets. Debating if I should top or prune or both all he pepper plants. They got potted up in 1.75gal nursery pots in my new mix last Sunday and are doing good. I hope to have them in 5gal and the big 25gal soon!

35l819z.jpg

This year I have
Ghost pepper x 6
Habanero pepper x 6
Cayenne pepper x 2
Golden cayenne x 2
Tomato x 4
Cucumber x 8
Mint x 1
Cilantro x 1
Basil x 1
Blueberry x 2
Strawberry x 6
And 6 OW of a pepper plant that I'm unsure of. I think it's a cross between ghost and a naga. I'll post pods this year.

So, Here is a question I have not asked yet, Why transplant so many times? just curious. is it beneficial to the plants growth and health? or is it kind of a safety net, so if the plant doesn't make it, they don't go into the next phase....

Back