• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocotoMan's 2017 Outdoor Grow Glog In Pennsylvania

This year the lineup consists of Aji Amarillo, MOA Scotch Bonnet both from judy at pepperlover.com & Red Rocoto from seedsaversexchange.com. There isn't much in the way of plants to show yet so I figured I'd post the fertilizers and amendments I'll be using. Stick around, say hello and hopefully it will be a good year full of pods. :dance:

The Rocoto seeds are from these 2 plants I grew back in 2014.
gVzn2WaQ.jpg

lTbge8ho.jpg

Alfalfa Meal
EsQ9Id5P.jpg

A7UCJ4WS.jpg

Earthworm Castings
wpjOtHQN.jpg

Excelerite
mxs8Q4ep.jpg

Indonesian Bat Guano
yV0UNSzc.jpg

Jamaican Bat Guano
YzTtGopb.jpg

Mexican Bat Guano
y3ulk9x0.jpg

Peruvian Seabird Guano
s9Ey1E5p.jpg

The rocotos really started branching out & 2 of them actually have 1 pepper on each plant which I was very surprised to see, I think come september the're gonna be loaded with peppers. I really messed up the scotch bonnets, I had them in peat pots smaller than dixie cups for months & they just finally got growing again. The Aji Amarillos are looking pretty damn good though, pics to come sometime tonight.

Awesome! I love the rocotos. A friend of mine of Oaxaca had some fresh pods at his home last summer and they blew my mind. I had grown a rocoto plant that summer but was extremely unsuccessful. This year, I've got 2 plants and they're flowering, they podded up a bit, but they dropped them over the weekend when we had a bit of a heatwave. Congrats on your pods.

On another note, I read seedsaversexchange.com as "seed saver sex change" the first time, was thoroughly confused. Surely someone thought of that before they bought the domain...  :rofl:

Back