• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Are these spots an issue?

Hey guys,

Are these spots an issue? It's only on a handful of plants and mostly only only older leaves near the bottom. Also it's all near the front half of the leaves, towards the leaf tips.

Does it just look like damage from laying in the dirt a while back maybe or could it be some sort of leaf spot?

Thanks

1ca13c276d79bbaf82d9f941de29421d.jpg
26d263d8e1ff5735d726f6c935b7fc6c.jpg
234917e54bab0efdde5d2054071ae647.jpg
c6273f1998709cd70805e722a2fc3900.jpg

moruga welder said:
How much you watering and feeding ?

Haven't watered since pot up last week and I only water when dry. I under water if anything.

They've only been fed twice, once about 6 weeks ago with MG 24-8-16 and once about 3 weeks ago with Jobes 3-1-2 at half strength, so I'm going to feed them again with next watering which will be tonight for some of them.

The MG was only a half teaspoon per gallon and only that one time. The Jobes 3-1-2 was the other time, 3 weeks later.

That orange Fatali in the last pic has not be fertilized at all yet and it has some of the same spots also. So I don't think it's from ferts.

I was just worried it was bacterial leaf spot, could that be It? Some have had it for a long time, it never turns black though, just that tan color.

EDIT* - The green algae is because I top and bottom watered the first time after pot up because some were wilting because I let them get too dry, so I gave 'em a good soaking. Normally I only bottom water at this stage.

i water the same way and i have no algae ,  bacterial usually starts from overwatering .   i'll water around the outer perimeter , i use bigger perlite 1/3 perlite to 2/3 potting mix , drains pretty fast , but thats good , dries a little quicker and allows the roots to really expand     :party:   Fan ?

I get bacterial spots pretty frequently on my seedlings indoors. Once I plant out in the sun they go away. I pretty much just stopped worrying about them. 

moruga welder said:
i water the same way and i have no algae ,  bacterial usually starts from overwatering .   i'll water around the outer perimeter , i use bigger perlite 1/3 perlite to 2/3 potting mix , drains pretty fast , but thats good , dries a little quicker and allows the roots to really expand     :party:
I have them mixed at the same ratio, 1/3 perlite to 2/3 potting mix.

Like I said, normally I keep the top of the pots are completely dry. Even when I bottom water, it's normally not enough to make it all the way to the top. They are only wet right now because some were like crusty dry when I potted them up, and the mix was damp, but not wet when I potted then up, so I gave them each about 16oz (half a 1 quart bottle) part on top and part in the bottom.

These spots have been there for weeks, it's not s new occurrence, I just thought I'd ask to see if it was bacterial or not.

Here's a few more pics for you, some of them are almost completely dry and pulling away from the edge of the pot again already, and a few are just damp still. Depends on how close they are to the fan. They're not waterlogged. 16oz of water for a dry half gallon of soil to start really isn't that much. Normal watering I plan for will be 8oz each unless they need more.

I really don't think water nor ferts are the cause.

You can see this one pulling away already...

b06dea28ef8576b2a9bb292985b7c777.jpg

And here are two side by side, one Bone dry, the other still moist. Neither one of these two have any spots.

b490e638826421bc5b29af4e1b532256.jpg

The small yellow 7 pot and these other small ones received 12oz of water (only 4oz less) for their first time, because it's smaller, and I only bottom watered because I didn't want to wash them out with them being fresh into these pots from seed cells and barely having any roots and the tops are bone dry still.

52e6ad54b5f606184352b8f338fade94.jpg

Thats just what i see , the spots and yellowing generally overwater or Ferts. are you running a fan ? My plants will droop before watering time 

moruga welder said:
Thats just what i see , the spots and yellowing generally overwater or Ferts. are you running a fan ? My plants will drop before watering time 
Yes, 2 small fans on high

ce8f3322dc431301438290014d99476e.jpg

HOWEVER, I retract my previous statement about that first watering not being too much... I just double checked and a few of the ones that are still moist do have some edema... more specifically... the ones with spots all have some edema, and the ones with no spots, no edema.   :whistle: 

d6f48513d0ddddbe318c1929c34f9e29.jpg

Much to learn I have!!!    :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

I need 2 more fans or an oscillating fan to reach the far side away from the current fans.

I'm assuming when the cells explode from the excess water that the spots are a result of them dying, yeah?

Thank you good sir!  I'll show myself to the door now...  :seeya:

U)<now said:
Yes, 2 small fans on high

ce8f3322dc431301438290014d99476e.jpg

HOWEVER, I retract my previous statement about that first watering not being too much... I just double checked and a few of the ones that are still moist do have some edema... more specifically... the ones with spots all have some edema, and the ones with no spots, no edema.   :whistle: 

d6f48513d0ddddbe318c1929c34f9e29.jpg

Much to learn I have!!!    :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

I need 2 more fans or an oscillating fan to reach the far side away from the current fans.

I'm assuming when the cells explode from the excess water that the spots are a result of them dying, yeah?

Thank you good sir!  I'll show myself to the door now...  :seeya:
thats o.k. my friend , Glad to help , been there . No need for apology . their ready to start a 16 " oscillating fan , prep for the outside world . 

moruga welder said:
thats o.k. my friend , Glad to help , been there . No need for apology . their ready to start a 16 " oscillating fan , prep for the outside world . 
Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

No help to offer I just want to comment quick, This is the exact type of post I enjoy reading. I learn a lot from them and goes to prove yet again how awesome this community is, Helpful and friendly.
Sorry, just wanted to say thanks for the great info.

So as some of you that are following my glog have seen, I'm still experiencing yellowing, spotting and leaf drop, even on new growth that hasn't been over watered.

In addition, my 3rd batch of plants that have not been overwatered at all ever, are starting to now also show similar signs of yellowing. I gave them all some ferts today, we'll see if that helps, but if this is a bacterial/fungal problem, how would I go about treating my plants to kill it?

Thank you for any help or info.

T.

1014676dc2c32336218f1c057fd33407.jpg

715dee5fadbb0ca36dfebf283a00b385.jpg

c12e2240d7e9a7c5f542a8b05796ebd1.jpg

74c08784801bfbdca4f301b8873ecd6a.jpg

17313fb5480eec1e88b3e9a2c4014261.jpg

7c91a304dfbbdd131a494d82b4394cd3.jpg

Back