•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

2017 Grow Log - 200 plants, 30 varieties

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 theBelvidere

theBelvidere

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Yes, once it's done.  If I stick to my original plan I won't bottle it until the end of November, but I may try to step it up.  Hopefully I'll actually start selling it a couple of weeks after that.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#62 theBelvidere

theBelvidere

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Looking like the first frost will be next week so I cleaned off the plants on Friday.  Chopped up about 200 lbs this weekend, my biggest weekend ever, it was a slog.

20171021_133136.jpg

20171021_133144.jpg

20171022_104530.jpg

That's a lot of Ajis on the right, and that's not even all of them.  I made a carboy of nothing but those, pretty curious to see how that one turns out.  I've never grown any Baccatums before.

20171016_221103.jpg

Started some test batches to keep me company over the winter.  And yes I realize I misspelled plum.

So I wound up with a total of 11 carboys full, or about 77 gallons of mash.  Not sure exactly when I'll get it bottled.  There's still at least 100 lbs on the plants too, most of which I'd like to smoke, but we'll see.  I'll have to talk my friend into letting me use his smoker for like 3 days straight, lol.

#63 Sinn

Sinn

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

Can’t wait to see your sauce for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#64 karoo

karoo

Hot

• Extreme
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Looks great.

Keep us updated. I would love to see how it turns out.

#65 peppamang

peppamang

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

Wow this is one of my favorite grow logs. Awesome season dude, and when you get that sauce done let me know, I'd love to buy some

#66 theBelvidere

theBelvidere

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Just a quick update.  Since last we spoke I've chopped down all the plants and put down a bunch of annual ryegrass as a cover crop.  It was pretty bittersweet after spending all summer keeping them alive, although truth be told there wasn't much to do.  I only had to water them twice the whole Summer.

20171105_122500.jpg

Goodnight sweet prince...

20171115_100319.jpg

All of the mash.

The bottles should arrive on Monday, planning to cook the sauce on Tuesday.  I still have to finish the labels and get the site up and going before I'm ready to start selling.  I figure that'll take at least a couple of weeks.  This year I want to get the labels printed professionally.  Last year I just used sticker paper and had them printed at Office Depot, but the paper didn't hold up well to moisture.

#67 Sinn

Sinn

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 AM

Wow look at all those pods on the ground I hope you picked those up hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests