• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mixed Up Plants

So today while sorting out my seedlings, to move from heated propagator to my light box, I mixed up two types. First time ever doing this.
Got distracted while moving them.

This is a bit of an issue because ironically one's a sweet bell pepper and the other is the Peter Pepper Chilli (Grown for the LOL factor)

Do I have any hope in hell of figuring out what these are when they start growing? If so how?

If you are growing these to maturity for your own use, it wont matter. They will become obvious when they fruit.

BTW, welcome to THP.

If it's just those two it shouldn't be that hard to tell. The bell pepper will usually have sturdier plants, bigger leaves and bigger flowers. Probably even bigger coty's at the seedling stage I would guess.

My last sowing consisted of just annuums. I had 10 different strains, and planted 3 seeds per cup. When they got their first true leaves I moved them outside in the windowsill to chill in the afternoon shade. That same evening my cat jumped on the windowsill.... Everything got thrown together in a pile of dirt and innocent plant casualties. I needed a few of those to cross with, so without an ID they were useless to me. Needed to start from the beginning again. I've weighed it down with rocks now, lol. Living and learning!

Welcome and put some photos of each on this thread. We can figure it out for you. Each type of pepper has its own leaf shape.

Back