• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Over run with Ajis for 2017

Ending up with more lemon drops from seed than planned so this should be fun. Everything from Chileplants were plants,

2- Scotch Bonnet Yellow MOA ..from Chileplants
1- 7 Pot Yellow... from Chileplants
2- Early Jalapeno...from Chileplants
1- Mucho Nacho Jalapeno....Bonnie plant from Lowes
2- Lemon Drop from Chileplants and at least 17 seedlings from last years plants.
2-Aji Cito...from Chileplants
1-Thai Giant Orange..from Chileplants
2- Beni Highlands...from Chileplants
2- Gochugaru...from Chileplants
2-New Mex 64...from Chileplants
2- Super Chili Hybrid....from Chileplants
1- Tabasco....Bonnie plant from Lowes

10- Lumbre....seeds from Midwestchilehead.....100% germination rate BTW
10- Sandia Select...seeds from Midwestchilehead

12 plants in drip irrigation pots. Im still trying to decide which but they will all be the plants from Chileplants since they are not cheap
1 MOA and 1 Lemon Drop in test media of 3 part coco coir and 1 part perlite. Fertilizer will be CNS17Grow and a little worm castings
Upto 6 in Wally World bags...this might increase
1 of the bag plants will get the Ecoscraps coco based potting mix
Others in various pots on the deck
As many plants as i can get in the 64sqft ground plot....this one is all compost and Alaska fish and kelp pellets tilled into the soil....So more or less organic

ATM im using mostly Ecoscraps compost soil, Just Natural Mushroom compost, minimal amounts of peat moss and my last bag of Black Kow. First time trying the Ecoscraps stuff but it looks good sofar. I will probably get more of the good mushroom compost if needed.

New fertilizer for me is the Alaska fish and kelp pellets 4-6-6 with 7% calcium and a small bag of worm castings.

That is going to take awhile. Chileplants delivery wont be here till the 15th. Its still getting too cold here at night for planting. Last night was in the mid 40s. :(

The only thing i could safely plant so far are some herbs. Rain yesterday and today have delayed finishing up the buckets and 2nd ground plot tilling. Might have some teasers by Sunday though.

BTW if anyone wants to try a cheaper coco coir potting mix, Lowes has the Ecoscraps potting mix on sale for $5/32qt bag. Regular price is around $9 which still isnt too bad for a coir mix with no peat moss..
https://www.lowes.com/pd/EcoScraps-32-Quart-Container-Mix/999990018
840049100268.jpg

+1 Frank!

:welcome:  to the 2017 blogosphere, Scott.

Lowes was a zoo!!!!!

Done shopping for now hopefully...only item i still need to pick up is the CNS17 Grow for the straight coco/perlite experiment. I got plenty of time for that and the hydro shop is just up the street.

10 1cuft bags Ecoscraps compost soil
8 .75cuft bags Just Natural mushroom compost
4cuft Pine Bark Mulch
3cuft Peat Moss

Picked up 2 more 32qt bags of the Ecoscraps coco coir potting mix while its still on sale. Coco based and no peat for about the same price as peat based potting mixes. At $5 a bag i have to try it.

Looks like you are having fun!

Good luck getting that bed in order and planted out!

All the left overs and some Alaska kelp/fish pellets went in the ground plot but i only used half of my stuff so more will be added later.
P1020682_zpsq8ucghux.jpg

Trellis bed is ready. Planting peas tomorrow
P1020681_zpsfvjg7e5n.jpg

Lemon Thyme, Rosemary, SPicy oregano and Greek oregano are all in the planter box on the deck. (sorry no pics i forgot). Misc salad green mix will be planted tomorrow too.

Added a Bonnie Cajun Belle to the list. Went ahead and planted it in one of the Ecoscraps potting mix buckets. Its a bit early but it was outside at HomeDepot so what the hell. The little guy already had some flowers forming.

Over 3 days/4in of rain has been a solid test of my potting mix. The lone plant in a bucket looks fine. The rain might finally stop this afternoon so i can get a better view of the results. One thing is for sure, the coco based buckets got a VERY thorough rinsing.

18 in....
2cf pine bark mulch
Peat moss (half of a compressed 3cf bale)
4cf Ecoscraps compost "soil"
3cf Just Natural mushroom compost.

4 in Ecoscraps potting mix

2 in 3 parts coco and 1 part perlite

Still need to make up a few more for the 5 remaining Walmart bags  I still end to expand and rinse a 5kg block of coco for these.

Gave my seedlings their first light dose of nutrients. CNS17 Grow 3-1-2 at almost half strength. They look hungry to me but to play it safe i just gave half of them a feeding and see how that goes.

Bonnie Mucho Nacho is the first to have pods. It has 3 now. The Cajun Belle flowered sooner and i expect to see pods on it soon too. Pretty much all of the rest have some blooms except for the MOAs and 7 Pot.

Both the lemon drops from chileplants are struggling but it looks like they will pull through. My own lemon drops from seeds seem to be stuck but healthy. They have hardly grown since sprouting. I think i will give them all a good top dressing of worm castings.

On a side note the cukes i fed with Alaska tomato vegetable are beginning to outgrow the other pot using MG All Purpose.

4 peppers on the Mucho Nacho now. One should be ready for sampling within a week or so. It sure would be nice if this variety produces a moderately hot Jalapeno.

Bunch of tiny pods on the both Super Chili

A large pea sized pod on the Cajun Belle

Lots of blooms on most of the rest except the MOAs and Thai Giant Orange. Even the 7 Pot has a few which i found surprising,

A Pablano followed me home the other day. I added it to the ground plot along with another Mucho Nacho.

Picture day and im beginning to hate Photobucket. It has become horribly slow and buggy.

One of my Rau Ram aka Laksa leaf plants. What a great little herb to grow
P1020817_zpslwo5wsqg.jpg

7Pot Yellow
P1020819_zps9mvtmhap.jpg

And a pod
P1020820_zpsoi9e6xqy.jpg

Aji Cito
P1020821_zpsiell0ldb.jpg

Lemon Drop is finally looking better
P1020809_zpsfwzwqzbr.jpg

Beni Highlands
P1020811_zpsachfvgmz.jpg

Super Chili
P1020810_zpsgmvpu4oq.jpg

Lunch...Oops I mean Mucho Nacho
P1020807_zpsyoceb9t0.jpg

Gochu
P1020808_zpshrmnua40.jpg

The one i ate today was not as hot as the Early i grew last year but it was hot. Ive got 2 Early Jalapenos this year in pots. Last year i had them in the ground. Ive got another Mucho Nacho too and its in the ground.

Back