• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New simple low pressure aeroponic system that I made

I made something similar last year, but there were a few issues I discovered after using it. The new version provides a larger reservoir, makes it easier to change nutrients and uses a simpler spray bar with fewer nozzles, which don't require tapping to fit. The entire video is around 25 minutes long. I broke it up into three parts. I just posted part one, and will publish two and three over the next couple of days. The thread for the old version is here http://thehotpepper.com/topic/60206-inexpensive-low-pressure-aeroponics-system-design/

Genius test lab?  Another great idea from Peter S.  Tutorial is very informative, and presents an effective test of alternative sprayponics system.  If this system proves to be better at growing peppers faster and having more pods, then sprayponics might be a great concept to expand upon.
Great job! 

deep_roots said:
Genius test lab?  Another great idea from Peter S.  Tutorial is very informative, and presents an effective test of alternative sprayponics system.  If this system proves to be better at growing peppers faster and having more pods, then sprayponics might be a great concept to expand upon.
Great job! 
Thanks! Here's a pic from this morning. So far it seems to be doing well. There are a lot of blooms, hopefully they'll set soon and push out some fruits.

Nqoxn2hh.jpg

Looks fantastic, Peter. A little late to the party. I really like your growing methods. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Maybe sometime, I could pick your brain on a aeroponic seed starting project I'm going to build.

Thanks again.

Coming in late on this project. I just watched all of this project up to date. I must say that since I started following you, I have been learning a lot of growing tricks. I really never thought to give anything aeroponics or hydroponics a try, but this has me intrigued. Thanks a lot for making such easy to follow instructions. I just might give this a try over the winter.

shaggs2riches said:
Coming in late on this project. I just watched all of this project up to date. I must say that since I started following you, I have been learning a lot of growing tricks. I really never thought to give anything aeroponics or hydroponics a try, but this has me intrigued. Thanks a lot for making such easy to follow instructions. I just might give this a try over the winter.
Thank you for the kind words, and watching my videos. I really appreciate it. If you try a project this winter, please let me know how it does! :)

In the wick system comparison thread you mentioned you use 1tsp/gallon of dynagro as your nutrient, is that what you're using with this aeroponic system as well?

As far as maintenance goes do you just top up the water/nutrients when it starts running low or do you need to do full water changes periodically? In some of the videos from the original thread you mentioned algae build up, how much of an issue is that once the light proofing is done?

Huge shout out for these videos, I really love these and am an instant fan of your youtube channel.

guested said:
In the wick system comparison thread you mentioned you use 1tsp/gallon of dynagro as your nutrient, is that what you're using with this aeroponic system as well?

As far as maintenance goes do you just top up the water/nutrients when it starts running low or do you need to do full water changes periodically? In some of the videos from the original thread you mentioned algae build up, how much of an issue is that once the light proofing is done?

Huge shout out for these videos, I really love these and am an instant fan of your youtube channel.
Thanks for watching my videos. I appreciate it. Yes, I use the same strength, 1 tsp/gal in the aeroponic system. I can put three gallons at a time. I let it run down then fill it. I totally change it out every few weeks. I haven't had much issue at all with algae. I've switched to using black buckets where I can, which helps a lot.

Back