• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Weird bugs on hab plant

My habanero plant has been getting attacked by something and losing a lot of its leaves i took a closer look today and found these weird bugs everywhere, what are these bugs and could they be the cause of the leaf loss problem?

Gzg4bGC.jpg

Wild looking. Looks like eyes on its back. That does not help identify it, but I'm curious to know what it is.

It's definitely some sort of stinkbug.
It's probably not defoliating your pepper, but it's also not helpful.
Do you have tomatoes in your garden, also?

solid7 said:
It's definitely some sort of stinkbug.
It's probably not defoliating your pepper, but it's also not helpful.
Do you have tomatoes in your garden, also?

I don't have any tomatoes planted, no, but I did buy a couple tomato plants a couple days ago and put them in my greenhouse don't think that's relevant though because my hab has been losing leaves for a little over a week now.

So I guess I'll go with the stinkbug idea. Anyone know what can cause this type of leaf loss though? None of my other plants have this problem.

Ner8xSPr.jpg

suI4RBqr.jpg

Don't know how I didn't notice this before but the plant is infested with these little bugs. Went to the back of the plant, the part that is out of direct view and found a lot more of these bugs, big and small. Here are some pics
GT3J9m6r.jpg

jJSuDN7r.jpg

How exactly would I go about removing all these bugs? Never really had an infestation other than aphids.

solid7 said:
Holy crap!
Get a soapy water spray on there, right away!  They are attacking your fruit!!!
Soapy water? What type of soap? How much soap in the water?

backyardpepper said:
How exactly would I go about removing all these bugs? Never really had an infestation other than aphids.

Soapy water? What type of soap? How much soap in the water?

Natural, non-perfume.  Or just plain old blue Dawn.  Wash 20 minutes after application.  1Tbsp per gallon.

Back