• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Drooping plant. Please help.

20170509_160717.jpg

20170509_160722.jpg

I have a hunch that this is due to over watering but i need someone to help me make sure. I've honestly been having trouble getting on a good watering schedule and i think my plants are constantly trying to cope with too much and too little and becoming stunted. The temperature can get to 100+ degrees on some days and just a few days ago i found them all drooping hard and the soil was very dry, i gave them water and they bounce back quickly. If this is over watering, can someone give me a few pointers on how to prevent this from happening again.

If you struggling to look after them,perhaps try a bottom watering that way you know there will be water available to them at least when you are not home.

I have not tried bottom watering,so maybe others can give you some pro's and cons.

Like you said they do bounce back from a good watering,give it a couple days they will be fine just don't let them dry out again,and look into bottom watering.

I think that in the future you should take the pepper repaired by the sun (honest hours) and do not leave to dry the land so much.
For this pepper in particular is not so easy but I think she can do it

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Msalah,

If I may make a suggestion. I used to have trouble deciding if a plant needs watering or has too much water as the plants has drooping leaves for both scenarios. When a plant has drooping leaves and you are not sure, simply dig your finger into the soil around the base of the plant. If the soil feels moist, you know the drooping leaves are because the plant has too much water - leave plant to dry out. If the soil feels dry, you will know to add water. It's simple, but effective. As you will know, the worst thing would be to add more water to a over-watered plant.

Also, check the pot has good drainage. Sometimes the soil feels dry but because there is proor drainage at the base of the pot, the roots deep down are water logged. So its always a good idea to make sure water runs freely out of the bottom of your pots.

It may also be worth looking at your potting mix. Given your climate, you may wish to play around a little more with your medium going forward. Some mediums like coco peat tend to dry out really quickly and others have a tendency to retain water better. It may be worth experimenting so you get a good mix of medium suitable to your climate that will retain water a little better. Larger pots, shade netting and mulching may also be things to look at if your mid day sun is extremely harsh and will result in plant pots drying out too quickly. I hope this helps. Good luck ;)

Back