wanted WTB Mild Pepper Plants

I'm in Chicago and love growing peppers but haven't been consuming enough of my prior year harvests of superhots.  I'd like to have some delicious yet practical plants in my garden this year.  Does anyone have a good source of interesting looking and/or tasting plants or have any for sale that they'd be wiling to ship to Chicago?

I appreciate it.

cruzzfish said:
I have seeds from some fairly mild plants but I dunno if you want those.
I appreciate that, but I think it's too late in the game for me to start seeds this season.

MeatHead1313 said:
I'll second this. Jim Duffy has great quality plants. Also check out refining fires Facebook page as they regularly do specials this time of year. I've seen a few sweet and mild specials so far.
I jumped all over the special on those Aji's. Total of 10 plants shipped for only $21.00. I had several that I hardened to fast and killed a total of 34 plants a combo of pepper and tomatoes. I was bummed to say the least and then that special caught my attention in a hurry lol. The plants are doing great too.

Thanks for all of the replies!  There's an Aji sale now at the Refining Fire Facebook page, but yesterday I did some research and placed an order from chileplants.com, which should ship to me around 5/22.  Went with the following:

AJI DULCE 1 (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)
DATIL SWEET (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)
JALAPENO ORANGE (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)
AJI HABANERO (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)
TRINIDAD PERFUME (Live Chile/Pepper Plant)

I think this should be a fun selection -- interesting, colorful and none should hurt too bad!

Pretty good! A (tiny) little bit sweet, and they'll warm your lips (much, much less than a jalapeño). Nothing crazy, but they're advertised as "zero heat." Surprised my 11 year old son though, haha

Back